cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats goin on.....

N/A

Whats goin on.....

Hi peeps ,

Ive just downloaded a program called Bearshare on ADSL. My download speed....5.2kb/s! I might as well of flown over to America and picked up the program myself. I really dont know whats going on with the ADSL service at the moment but something really does need to be sorted out as Im not gonna continue to pay £30 a month for something this slow.

When i first got my DSL installed I was over the moon with PlusNet , it really was fast (around 55-60kbs) but over the last month or so its just gone ridiculous.

Im not haveing a go at the people at PlusNet cos they are sound when you ring up but whoever maintains the DSL...please sort it out. Maybe the line is supplied by BT and it might be down to them but thats not my problem. I pay Plusnet £30 a month for a good connection....where is it??
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

RE: Whats goin on.....

> Hi peeps ,
>
> Ive just downloaded a program called Bearshare on ADSL. My download speed....5.2kb/s! I might as well of flown over to America and picked up the program myself. I really dont know whats going on with the ADSL service at the moment but something really does need to be sorted out as Im not gonna continue to pay £30 a month for something this slow.
>
> When i first got my DSL installed I was over the moon with PlusNet , it really was fast (around 55-60kbs) but over the last month or so its just gone ridiculous.
>
> Im not haveing a go at the people at PlusNet cos they are sound when you ring up but whoever maintains the DSL...please sort it out. Maybe the line is supplied by BT and it might be down to them but thats not my problem. I pay Plusnet £30 a month for a good connection....where is it??
>

Your slow d/l speed could have be down too 2 reason's, as slow host for the file or a slow network or probally both being the weekend. So unless all d/ls are slow and not just that specific one, then find a better host for what every you plan on d/ling
--
ADSL @ 288/576 Self Install
IRC.UTCHAT.COM
Usually in #utgames #utchat #uthelp
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
cookie141
Grafter

Check this out
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp
> Hi peeps ,
>
> Ive just downloaded a program called Bearshare on ADSL. My download speed....5.2kb/s! I might as well of flown over to America and picked up the program myself. I really dont know whats going on with the ADSL service at the moment but something really does need to be sorted out as Im not gonna continue to pay £30 a month for something this slow.
>
> When i first got my DSL installed I was over the moon with PlusNet , it really was fast (around 55-60kbs) but over the last month or so its just gone ridiculous.
>
> Im not haveing a go at the people at PlusNet cos they are sound when you ring up but whoever maintains the DSL...please sort it out. Maybe the line is supplied by BT and it might be down to them but thats not my problem. I pay Plusnet £30 a month for a good connection....where is it??
>

N/A

Hi....

ALL downloads are really slow, ive done the speedtest and i got 84kbps for download but 254 for upload.....dodgy.

Everything was fine a couple of weeks ago then one day it just went rubbishly slow.

Is anyone else having these sorta probs?
Ive spoke to PlusNet and they have raised the fault with BT..anyone got any idea how long this sorta thing takes?

Cheers , Si

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

> Hi....
>
> ALL downloads are really slow, ive done the speedtest and i got 84kbps for download but 254 for upload.....dodgy.
>
> Everything was fine a couple of weeks ago then one day it just went rubbishly slow.
>
> Is anyone else having these sorta probs?
> Ive spoke to PlusNet and they have raised the fault with BT..anyone got any idea how long this sorta thing takes?
>
> Cheers , Si
>
>

Well mine are fine for a weekend, slightly slower than a week day or night avg d/l speed of 55kb/s rather than 59kb/s + during the week
--
ADSL @ 288/576 Self Install
IRC.UTCHAT.COM
Usually in #utgames #utchat #uthelp
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

> Hi....
>
> ALL downloads are really slow, ive done the speedtest and i got 84kbps for download but 254 for upload.....dodgy.
>
> Everything was fine a couple of weeks ago then one day it just went rubbishly slow.
>
> Is anyone else having these sorta probs?
> Ive spoke to PlusNet and they have raised the fault with BT..anyone got any idea how long this sorta thing takes?
>
> Cheers , Si
>
>

I had similar downloads speeds as you sometime over the weekend, speeds are back to normal now but am getting plenty of packet loss.
N/A

now this is taking the mickey

>>> Speed: 206Kbps (down), 210Kbps (up) <<<
Test complete.

taken from http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp

average down is 460Kbps