cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What speed will be possible?

N/A

Just checked the stats on my line.

I'm on the 512 premier account. On a plus.net speed test I got 476kbps just now. My line stats show as:

SNR Margin: 4.5
Loop Attenuation: 78

Using my knowledge - these stats look crap. Can anyone tell me if I will be able to receive the full 2mbps service upgrade with these stats?
3 REPLIES
N/A

Premier 512 Speed

I am also paying £21.99 for the Premier 512 service. My speed readings are about the same as yours at about 480, and that is the norm. You never really get 512. We'll both look forward to our 2mg service one day
Cheers, Mike
Community Veteran

Re: What speed will be possible?

Using my knowledge - these stats look crap. Can anyone tell me if I will be able to receive the full 2mbps service upgrade with these stats?

You are very lucky to get any sort of reliable 512K connection, let alone anything higher (which is not possible).

You really are at the limits for ADSL so 512K is the highest spead you are likely to get for some time to come.

A SNR below 10dB often results in bad connections, and below 7dB frequent disconnections can occur so 4.5 is VERY low.

For the speeds, you need to have 60dB for 1Mb and 43dB or lower for 2Mb so, as you see, your line condition does not even allow a 1Mbs connection.

See ADSL: Understanding Line Loss and measurements which explains what the numbers mean.
N/A

Yes I see what you are saying. I used to have frequent disconnect problems so I bought a very good filter. It has been 100% reliable since then.