cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What speed is my exchange

N/A

I've done a search but don't think I've found the answer.
I found a link to something from BT which returned a date of 5th April.
What does this mean?
How do I find out what speed my exchange is running at? This date indicates an upgrade to the exchange or something, but from what to what?
:?:
3 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

All ADSL exchanges are capable of providing 2Mb service at present.

The sheet you refer to is the "Bulk Upgrade Schedule" by BT. The date was not for an upgrade of the exchange as such, but an upgrade of everybody connected to an exchange, upto 2Mb (or the fastest that the line will support).

It won't have been 5th April - It would have said April 05 - which means April 2005.

This would mean that your line should now be at the fastest speed technically, though it is possible and not unlikely that BT are behind schedule.

Have you been upgraded?
N/A

Don't know yet (see other thread DSL - ADSL), I was just wondering what speed I would be on when my conversion was complete.
LiamM
Grafter

Whe you migrate, your sync speed remains the same. Do you know what speed you sync to the exchange at? 576kbps, 1152kbps, 2276kbps? (512k, 1Mb, 2Mb)

This will be the speed you get when you initially migrate in. If you get below 2Mb, then you can upgrade to this at no extra cost per month (subject to your line supporting it).