cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your 1Mb 50:1 download speed

N/A

A few of us are having bad trouble with download speed on the new 1MB 50:1 trial product.

I'd like to get a feeling for just how isolated this is.

[Moderator's note (by acarr): Removed [poll] from topic, the forum software does this for you. Also moved to the correct forum.]
5 REPLIES
N/A

Perhaps this would be better placed in the ADSL forum? I'm sure a mod will move it for you Wink

I would comment on the poll, but I'm not a member of the exclusive 1mb club yet Wink
penguinni
Grafter

Me neither - although I have paid for the regrade Wink
N/A

I really do feel sorry for those of you who are experiencing poor download speeds on Home 1Mb. I get a constant 955 kbps on the ADSLguide speed test. I hope that PlusNet and BT get these issues sorted out quickly. As a matter of interest, what ADSL hardware are you using?

Tim
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

when you signed up you did know its still in testing, ie You are beta testers. seeing which exchanges can handle the extra bandwidth and if contention is kicking in.

Sods law you might just be on a busy exchange and sharing with 49 other 1mbit users, so yes your downloads are going to be affected.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Couger
Grafter

Hi this poll needs to be edited as how can i poll for 900K+

Considering a number of us are having issues with this trial i think it should have been adapted with something along the lines of

0KB/s to 1000Kb/s meaning that speed issue is present therefor i cant give a correct poll that applies to me at present

adp450
when you signed up you did know its still in testing, ie You are beta testers. seeing which exchanges can handle the extra bandwidth and if contention is kicking in.

Sods law you might just be on a busy exchange and sharing with 49 other 1mbit users, so yes your downloads are going to be affected

Sorry adp450
no chance of contention i live in sunny cornwall and i know some of the engineers around here MY dad is one of them and he tells me that contention in my camborne exchange is very low for the 1MB services the fact im having speed issues has nothing to do with contention its either a BT related problem or PN
my hardware is more than capable of dealing with 1MB im using the speedtouch 330 which can handle 8 MB down its not the modem at fault as i have tryed using the famous SQUID(Speedtouch USB) and have same results

Beta testers thats **** as from day one of exhanges of being enabled they are capable of up to 2MB i think you will find BT need to do some fine tweaking thats all
The exchanges have been capable just only now BT have started using this new service

Also if you look in ADSL guide us plusnet users are not alone on this issue so its pointing to a BT related problem :!:

Regards Sven :lol:

P.s Did i mention i also borrowed a Netgear Router from a friend which ran and still gave me speed issues and conection drops.