cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's happened to Plusnet customer service?

N/A

I tried ringing Plusnet customer service tonight as I'm having a few problems with my connection similar to this post. I merely wanted to find out what's going on and how long it will be until it's fixed.

After repeated attempts due to the number being engaged, I finally get through and then was made to listen to a bewildering array of options. I finally get to the support line and was told the average time on hold was 45 mins!

When I joined plusnet back in 2003 customer service was second to none, and I rarely was put on hold for more that 30 seconds. I have to say I am very disappointed with this encounter. Understandably if there was a problem with everyone's connection then the support line would be busy, but there is no mention of anything on the service status, hence the reason I rang.

Come on Plusnet, what ever happened to your excellent support?
9 REPLIES
N/A

Join the club look at my connection just now.

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul>tracert www.plus.net

Tracing route to portal.plus.net [212.159.8.137]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 918 ms 653 ms 652 ms lo0-plusnet.ptn-ag2.plus.net [195.166.128.53]
3 1907 ms 2053 ms 2025 ms ge1-0-0-204.ptn-gw1.plus.net [84.92.3.105]
4 2167 ms 1850 ms 1831 ms ge0-0-0-22.pte-gw1.plus.net [212.159.4.9]
5 744 ms 1482 ms 1657 ms atm1-0.ptb-gw1.plus.net [212.159.1.89]
6 2032 ms 1943 ms 1831 ms vl4.pri.ptb-gw3.plus.net [195.166.129.226]
7 1679 ms 1361 ms 1525 ms if2.ptb-al1.plus.net [195.166.129.39]
8 1729 ms 1843 ms 1743 ms portal.plus.net [212.159.8.137]

Trace complete.
Community Veteran

if you wish more joy on the CS side of things according to one post in community section plusnet plan to start charging 50p per minute for phone support.

See how your phone bill will like that.

I've not received the email yet but all this is making plusnet seam like all the other isps who used to be the poor relations.

A
N/A

Not strictly true. As far as I can gather from adslguide.org.uk forums they will be charging for technical help for things like setting up e-mail etc. Not normal service issues. If this is the case I will use the local number that I have for them.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
Community Veteran

You are correct. The premium rate line is going to be for non service affecting type questions to be answered like "How do I set up mySQL and CGI". There will still be the low cost 0845 number to report faults on if you are having sevice problems.
Community Veteran

As I menntioned I did not have the e-mail at that point and my comments were based on a post in the forums.

I stand corrected.

A
alandr

And who decides which category a problem/call falls into?
LiamM
Grafter

This subject is being covered in other threads in the Community Support forum. A full explaination and listing of issues which 0845 will not cover will be posted nearer to the launch date.

Quite simply, Support are currently answering queries from customers which really they shouldn't be. Either issues that are not the fault of Plusnet, or just general Internet help, advice, etc.... Other ISPs would not even support this, but Plusnet have decided to offer it for a larger call fee to cover extra costs.
N/A

I tried ringing customer support on Tuesday evening and it was a 30minute wait. I tried again on Wednesday evening and it was a 55 minute waiting time. My internet conection on broadband has been down for two evenings no changes have ben made to my router. ADSL connection OK but no internet connection. It comes back on sometime during the night. Anyone else experiencing these problems.
Community Veteran

no disconections here but the speeds have varied quite cosiderably in the last week my 2.2mb downlaod rates have sometime fallen below rates for a 512 connection.

Can't be bothered phoning as the wait is far to long. Waiting for replies to tickets is sometime too long for my patience as well. Hoping it's just a glitch.

Check if you line is being transfered to maxdsl as in the 1st 10 days your line speed will vary and may cut off when it becomes unstable. after the 10 days the line should settle on the highest stable speed. It may be that your line has just been moved across and your problems are due to the training period it takes the maxdsl line to settle.

A