N/A

What's going on!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Traceroute Results: View Traceroutes
Traceroute Time (24 Hour): 18:12 to 18:22
Traceroute Duration: 10 minutes
Traceroute Packet Size: 64 bytes
Packetloss in Traceroute?: Yes
Exchange: New Cross
Problem: Permanently Slow Data Transfer (Everything is slow)
Duration of Problem: Less than 1 week
Minimum Speed Achieved On PlusNet Speedtest: 175 kbps
Maximum Speed Achieved On PlusNet Speedtest: 490 kbps
Average Speed Achieved On PlusNet Speedtest: 332.5 kbps
Account: ADSL Home (Self Install) - 512kb (50:1)
IP Block Size: Single (default)
Ticket Number: None
Additional Information: Brand new phone line installed in December. Broadband speed problems occured before, during November & December 2003, until new phone line installed.
3 REPLIES
N/A

Looking at your traceroute therre appears to be a lot of packet loss within your own network (the first hop to 192.168.0.1). Could you tell us what connection equipment you are using?
N/A

It's Actiontec Equipment, but I have reset, etc. repeatedly, and this would cure any problems with my wireless network/ADSL system. Note also that the packet loss is far less than that as soon as it leaves my equipment. :!:
I am not sure why it is suddenly happening, but I am experiencing slow speeds even now, at 3pm on Saturday Afternoon, a time I would not call 'peak' or 'busy'.
Thanks.
Community Veteran

You should not get any packet loss to your local router so I would investigate that part of your network first - while resetting may often solve problems, a bad config will not be fixed by a reset. Check what MTU values are configured in your Actiontec Equipment. If these are set incorrectly it could cause packet loss. Once you have 0 packet loss locally, then see how good or bad the test of the route on the internet is.

If you are using wireless, I would check the config on your PCs equipment and the Actiontec to make sure there are no compatibility issues. Does the packet loss problem reduce if you get closer to the Actiontec equipment - what is is like when you are right next to it. If it is less or 0 then you may have interference (maybe from other wireless networks around) or other equipment / transmitters?