cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's going on ?

N/A

What's going on ?

I think it's about time someone found out exactly what is going on with these disconnection problems.This has been going on for some weeks now and we are non of the wiser for the most part.
I have done everything on my end to make sure it is not my machine causing the problems but am still getting disconnected.For a few days I had a great connection with no problems,now ,just when I thought everything was back to normal,the disconnctions have started again.
Can someone please find out what is going on with the Plus Net or BT end ?
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

What's going on ?

The 'problem' appears to be with some ADSL routers and the BT/Cisco equipment used in certain places. As such it is outside PlusNets control and yours for that matter.

It is down to the equipment manufacturers to identify and fix the compatibility issue that appears to have arisen. Some have issued info that reduces or fixes the problem and others have no idea what is causing it.

It's a wait and see job I'm afraid (for both you and PlusNet).

What ADSL equipment are you using?
N/A

What's going on ?

I'm using a Dynamode A220 PCI modem supplied by PlusNet.
The modem is working correctly but the service is very inconsistent.
I hope it's sorted out soon.
N/A

What's going on ?

I kept geting disconnected last week. i using the usb dynamode modems. I unpluged my modem and reconnected and the problem seemed 2 have gone.
wombleuk
Dabbler

What's going on ?

Strange, my disconnection problems had largely disappeared up until a couple of days ago.
Certainly takes the bite out of the "it's your line, filter, motherboard, processor, fan, toaster, fridge" argument doesn't it ?