cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What router? - What Will Work?

N/A

I've had enough of using another pc as a gateway. So now im going to take the plunge and get a router. So far ive got two im my list.

Link 1

and

Link 2

So far id swing towards the linksys seen as you get wireless as well for the same price. Not that i need it. The firewall is really the only important feature i need. And at least 3 10/100 ports. Any other recomendations/reviews?

[Moderator's note by Liam Martin (martinfamily): Truncated links as forum width was stretching.]
7 REPLIES
madswitcher
Grafter

If you are looking for a personal recommendation, I have used Draytek,both modem router and plain router, for a couple of years without any problems whatsoever.

Regards, Mike
LiamM
Grafter

Netgear DG834, DG834G or DG834GT.

Thumbs up Cool
N/A

Thers a few daytec routers here... jsut wondering what you get for that extra money

Link 1

any other sugestions. Id be really intrested in someone with a linksys to post, as thats my personal fav!

Link 2

^ netgear with wirelss again for only a few pounds more than the wired only. People who are buying routes, if you have a fiver extra its worth it.

[Moderator's note by Liam Martin (martinfamily): Truncated links as forum width was stretching.]
N/A

Ive been recomented one of these. Any idears if it will work with plus?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&item=5769145403&fromMakeTrack=true

More info on there websight hear.

http://2wire.com/?p=106

Im not realy sure if ADSL in america is the same as the UK. Looks like a cool router any way. Worth keeping an eye on the price. So would it work?
N/A

I will suggest you not to go for it since some of the standards are quite different. Though you can get some of the teleco equipments to work here but they're not certified to be used in UK phone system. I'll suggest to go for DG834G if you're looking for a wireless modem/router or the less expensive DG834 wire only router. I've installed DG834 for my friend and DG834GT for myself and they're working just great. No problem whatsoever up till now .. and easy to setup too.
N/A

Seems the linksys anrt so popular chances are the NETGEAR DG834G will be my choise. Just got to save up now. Any one got one going cheap..

Reviews are recomendations would still be very welcome.
LiamM
Grafter

Im not realy sure if ADSL in america is the same as the UK. Looks like a cool router any way. Worth keeping an eye on the price. So would it work?

The US DSL standard is PPPoE, whereas in the UK it is PPPoA. If you get a router that supports PPPoA, or both, it should work with your ADSL service fine.