cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What on earth is happening?

rodjer14
Dabbler

For the last 5 days I haven't been able to send or receive emails during the day. I haven't been able to access any websites either. I know I am connected to PN as my Username and password has been accepted but nothing happens. I cannot access the PN website to measure my speed, which must be about One.

My hobby is dealing in shares and spreadbetting, which must be done during market trading hours. I can't even tell whether the market is going up or down.

However, I can log on satisfactorily after 1000 hrs. What on earth is happening?
8 REPLIES
N/A

Have you phoned PlusNet support - what do they say?
rodjer14
Dabbler

I am not prepared to spend an hour trying to get through. I gave up after half an hour.
N/A

Right now the Customer Support Statistics show that there are 0 Calls Waiting - might be worth trying again?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Do you get an error message when using email? If you can't send or receive I would expect to see two errors to indicate each of them.

As far calling the support centre as mchorton says you should get straight through, average wait time yesterday was 1 minute and 42 seconds. call stats can be seen here:

http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212

Edit: corrected name.
N/A

jermeytaylor is the one with the tech' problem (not mchorton)

P.S. Also, note he can't access web addresses either - but only within the day time hours (he says).
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Apologies for that, corrected the post... probably means I need sleep Smiley
rodjer14
Dabbler

Good morning. No more whingeing from me now. Everything seems to be back to normal now. I can access everything during the day. Speed is back to 1870kbps, I never did get 8000. That is probably down to bottlenecks in my exchange.

No, I never did get any error messages, which would indicate that the email software (MS Entourage) was connected to the servers but not responding. On one day Entourage was on the receiving mode for half an hour without receiving anything.

I am now a happy bunny and can continue trading my shares and spreadbetting. By the way, why is the PN clock on British Summer Time?

Let us consider this subject closed now.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Hi,

If you want a free speed regrade then you can put a ticket in at http://max.plus.net should take around 7-10 days. Regarding the time, the forum software doesn't auto-change between BST and GMT if you click profile at the top of the page you can set the correct timezone.