cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on at Plusnet

MOGO
Grafter

PN use to be a a top notch ISP but since they were gobbled up by BT the service provided has been in decline.

Mysterious warning messages about exceeding limits, and unbelievably slow connection speeds all add up to - Why should I continue to give you my business/money ?

Last chance PN if the service has not improved by the end of this month I for one am off to pastures new.

Sad Sad
7 REPLIES
chrisc
Grafter

Sorry to hear about the problems that you are experiencing.

I can see that last month you exceed 13GB on your package so some light speed restrictions will have been applied. See here for more details.

This is the reason that you received an email warning about usage levels.

As you are now in a new billing month those restrictions have been lifted so you should no longer be experiencing slow speeds.

If you are still having problems please raise a fault and we can get this looked at for you.
MOGO
Grafter

Speed

A couple of hours of fast speed after receiving your message but now back to 0 to 96 kbps, on 8MB connection!!!

Can't do the full speed tests required as one reading has to be after midnight.

Think this is the begining of the end of my relationship with Plusnet, shame as up until BT takeover I gladly recommended you to friends and family (some of whom are also having speed related issues)

Sad Sad Sad
chrisc
Grafter

If you can raise a fault with a couple of speed tests on then I'll make sure that this gets escalated to BT and resolved as soon as possible for you.
James
Grafter

Hi there,

You're actually not on a BT service, but an LLU service supplied by Tiscali Wholesale. That's not necessarily something to be concerned by, as essentially the LLU service offers benefits over the BT IPStream product.

You are currently on an 8Mbps profile, but we need you to raise a fault via http://faults.plus.net so that we can gain extensive diagnostics which will hopefully allow us to get an understanding as to what is causing the slower speeds that you've recently seen. I'll also have a word with our Network guys to double check that you're on the right profile at this end.
James
Grafter

Just to confirm, you are on the correct profile according to your product, which would suggest that the speeds that you are seeing are not related to our own network. But pleas do run the faults checker and then we can investigate further.
N/A

As LLU doesn't have the awful IP Profile of MaxDSL, have you tried rebooting to see if that makes a difference to your download speed?
MOGO
Grafter

Problem solved

Hi,

Speed issue resolved with help of PN tech guys, reset router
a few times and now back up to speed!!

Cheers
MG Smiley