cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a decent speed???

N/A

What is a decent speed???

Hi i was just wondering what the normal speed for a adsl 512k connection is when tested on the plusnet speed tester?

mines ranged between 360-500 kbps in the last 4 tests in the last 10 minutes.

What is everyone elsesHuh
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: What is a decent speed???

> Hi i was just wondering what the normal speed for a adsl 512k connection is when tested on the plusnet speed tester?
>
> mines ranged between 360-500 kbps in the last 4 tests in the last 10 minutes.
>
> What is everyone elsesHuh

PlusNet Bandwidth Meter

Your current bandwidth reading is: 473.40kbps Which means you can download at 59.17 KB/sec. from our servers.

Anything above 450kbps is good, I've had over 500 sometimes but tonight's reading is very good.

--
Life Is A Roller Coaster.
N/A

03:44
495.30kbps Cheesy
N/A

Hi,

I would normally ask you to take a look at the MTU setting page in the support section of the portal, however as I am about to post to annoucements shortly, we are going to be making some tweaks on Monday in regard which may improve connection speeds for some people. I would very much appreciate it if you would run with the default windows settings for now and let us know if you see any changes on Monday evening...

With Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

Your current bandwidth reading is: 485.20kbps

Which means you can download at 60.65 KB/sec. from our servers.
N/A

> Hi,
>
> I would normally ask you to take a look at the MTU setting page in the support section of the portal, however as I am about to post to annoucements shortly, we are going to be making some tweaks on Monday in regard which may improve connection speeds for some people. I would very much appreciate it if you would run with the default windows settings for now and let us know if you see any changes on Monday evening...
>
> With Regards,
>
> Ian Wild
> PlusNet Customer Support

Hi Ian.

So all those of us that changed their MTU to 1458 should now change back to 1500? Always thought that this was a BT fault and nothing to do with plusnet.

Regards

--
Reset
N/A

> > Hi,
> >
> > I would normally ask you to take a look at the MTU setting page in the support section of the portal, however as I am about to post to annoucements shortly, we are going to be making some tweaks on Monday in regard which may improve connection speeds for some people. I would very much appreciate it if you would run with the default windows settings for now and let us know if you see any changes on Monday evening...
> >
> > With Regards,
> >
> > Ian Wild
> > PlusNet Customer Support
>
> Hi Ian.
>
> So all those of us that changed their MTU to 1458 should now change back to 1500? Always thought that this was a BT fault and nothing to do with plusnet.
>
> Regards
>
> Reset

How about answering this question before it disapears off the board?

--
Reset