cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What if anything can I do about maintaining connection?

N/A

My line's been really bad today - up and down several times a minute. I'm connected to my master socket so I can't do better than that.

Is there anything I can do to make it more stable?
GA
4 REPLIES
N/A

maybe it isn't you mate, it may be your exchange Sad, its been same with me today, and its BT thats the problem :x
Community Veteran

If you are now plugged directly into your master socket with nothing else connected then it looks like your phone line is causing the problem.
I can only suggest borrowing another ADSL modem to prove it conclusively and then raising a ticket so that Support ann get BT to check it out.

Hope you get it sorted Wink
Ianwild
Grafter

There was an "alegation" from a friend of mine at another ISP that saturating your upload link (Ie running it at maximum bandwidth) can cause you to lose sync or get disconnected. We are looking for examples of this to allow us to prove or disprove the theory. I don't suppose this is a possibility?

Regards,
N/A

There was an "alegation" from a friend of mine at another ISP that saturating your upload link (Ie running it at maximum bandwidth) can cause you to lose sync or get disconnected. We are looking for examples of this to allow us to prove or disprove the theory. I don't suppose this is a possibility?

Regards,

No definitely not Ian. While I was typing my original post, my connection was idling both ways. All was quiet except for ding, ding, ding and ding again until I turned my speakers off.

It's as good as gold this evening though. Hasn't dropped once while I've been online.

Ah well - it's still a thousand times better than when I was on dial-up - well nearly...
GA