cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens now that my contract has run out?

N/A

Hi all, hope you're all having a good christmas.

My question is in the thread title. I just came to the end of my 1 year contract with PlusNet, and I am using EasyStart 512 ADSL and I would like to keep this same connection. Do I just carry on as normal, or do I need to do anything else? Obviously, since I signed up for this connection, the price has been dropped, so I would basically like to keep this connection I have now and pay the new, lower price.

Thanks for any info in advance. Smiley
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

You can stay exactly as you are paying the same amount each month or request a change to one of the new broadband home products which will cost less (depending on what you choose) for which there is an admin fee charged.

Details of the admin fees can be found in Residential Upgrade Price List.

Just click on the upgrade link under account details and choose what you want - if that page does not show you the product you want click on the link given to show the other product options - and it will tell you the monthly costs and the admin fee.

Note: Easystart is a monthly contract product.
kayessjay
Dabbler

I'm in the same boat, having served my 12 months with good behaviour...
My question is, the 1Mb service appears to be the same price (£14.99) as the 512Kb. It would seem sensible to change to the 1Mb service, but I assume this would necessitate changing my old ADSL500 modem, and would I have to do this straight away? If I did upgrade to the 1Mb service would my modem stop working? I'm not particularly fussed about the faster speed meantime, but would like to be faster at some point in the near future, and don't fancy paying another admin charge if I can avoid it now...
Hope that makes sense and apologies if it's been covered before.
Community Veteran

Your current modem will work upto 8Mbs so you don't need to change it.

Also remember the £14.99 products (Broadband home 512K & 1Mb) are the lite ones and come with 1GB data transfer per month. If your usage is more than that (as shown on the View my Usage page under connection settings) you should choose one of the other inclusive usage packages to meet your needs. Your current Easystart 512K has no data transfer limits per month and is a monthly contract product so when changing, make sure you specify a monthly contract..
kayessjay
Dabbler

Great, thanks. I have now requested the 'Broadband Home 1Mb Lite' option, but didn't see anything about a monthly contract. Have I just signed up for another 12 months?
Community Veteran

If you did not select or specify an annual contract, your contract period will say the same. If you want to be certain, just raise a contact us ticket and state you want to remain on a monthly contract when you upgrade.
kayessjay
Dabbler

Many thanks, Peter.
This is one of the reasons I've decided to stick with plusnet.. I know I can ask dumb questions here and get a quick useful answer...