cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What ever happened to Plusnet

N/A

Five years ago, plusnet were voted as one the bests ISP in the UK, and with good reason...A superb service that represented good value for money, but above all, a highly responsive customer support team.

My question....what happened, where did it all go wrong?

The company have just slowly declined into mediocrity, and thats putting it politely. Reminds me of my bank actually, years ago you could speak to the Manager, a personal service.

I guess I could cope with it if the support infrastructure was not such a mess. I have never seen a website that is so unnecessarily complicated. It is almost impossible to find any information.

Maybe they just grew too quickly, I dont know. What I do know its time for a change, time tio find the Plusnet that was, five years ago. I am sure it must exist. I dont mind paying a premium for a good service, and actually I thought that is what I may get if I upgraded froma residential to a business account, but quite shocked to find that it made no difference at all.

We use a different ISP at work, and wow what a diffrence, you can actually speak with a person after a few rings of the phone., more expensive mind you, but now I kind of realised that price should be one of many considerations as is not the most important.

I still cant belive that I have been waiting for this supposed 8MB broadband service for over a year, initially I was even paying a premium on the promise that it was arriving. Its never been that importnat its just annoyinmg because I feel deceived.

Its such a pity to witness the decline of a once good company.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) All capitals title reduced to lower case. All caps is akin to shouting and is against the Link:rules
16 REPLIES
N/A

"We use a different ISP at work, and wow what a diffrence, you can actually speak with a person after a few rings of the phone".

I think that's waht everyone wants to ring and speak with a real person. I tried to phone Plusnet today,what a nightmare.
I dont want press 1,press 2,put in this put in that,.go to the next menu.

BT are like that as well it takes forever to go through all the menu's and actually speak to someone.

I think I'll be moving soon to another ISP but unfortunately many of them have the same trouble trying to speak to someone,everyone wants to stop you actually speaking to a real person.
Fill in this questionaire online,fill in that ,we will email you within so many days.

They go out of their way to aggravate the customer.

It's like banks,I want to phone my local branch not a call centre hundreds of miles away or in another country.
N/A

Broadband not working again 10.30pm Fri.

Back to using dial up.
N/A

Try calling customer support....by the time they answer the phone it will probably be working...
N/A

Re: What ever happened to Plusnet

Five years ago, plusnet were voted as one the bests ISP in the UK, and with good reason...A superb service that represented good value for money, but above all, a highly responsive customer support team.

My question....what happened, where did it all go wrong?........................ [edit]

Moderators note by John (johnessex) All capitals title reduced to lower case. All caps is akin to shouting and is against the <a href=http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35201>Forum Rules</a href>

Given the current disgustingly poor standard of customer service that PN customers endure, I think mercator has every right to SHOUT!!
N/A

I totally agree with you, the service has gone from good to intolerable.
My broadband has been down for 24 hours now and I can't get any help.
There used to be a contact us where you could raise a ticket for help,
but now I can't find it.
If you phone up you are kept waiting for ages on one of these dismembered voices ....
What isp do you use at work?
I'm paying £50 a month for crap no longer
Regards
N/A

There used to be a contact us where you could raise a ticket for help,
but now I can't find it.

They have done their best to hide it, but this tutorial shows you how to get there.
http://www.plus.net/support/member_features/raisingaquestion.shtml
You have to go through the motions of following the self-help links. But if you cancel out of that process part way through, then you are presented with the option of raising a question.

Far from satisfactory - but you will get there eventually, via several unrelated pages!!

I've been a PN customer for nearly 6 years and have recommended them to loads of people over the years. Recent developments have got me looking for an alternative, and now I'm embarrassed to face the people that I've recommended. Its a great shame but PN seems to be going [gone] down the pan!!

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Quote tags fixed for you.
N/A

migration

yes i agree with previous post , plusnet is just bad, i was given a migration key to move to BT, yes , Bt, and enjoyed the experience for 3 days, apparantley according to bt the mac code is invalid and now im back to square one, cant even get hold of any one in cust. support, before we knock, bt , i was able to speak too various individuals on their support tesm within seconds!! one of the reasons i want to mygrate.!!!
N/A

It is easy to raise a question actually. click on Help & Support and go from there.

However, I agree it is very bad service. I have had my MAC code fair dues within 12 hours - going to aol (im gonna bypass the interface) and get one month free of unlimited maxdsl. Crikey in 10 days i'll get maxdsl whereas plusnet have promised it for months and it just won't happen.

They have overcharged me twice for plustalk and i no longer have it!

Enough is enough. their CS is a disgrace. If i treated the shops like they do on CS IT support I would be rightly lambasted!

Good riddance I say!

P. 1 whole month free on aol and i do not have to pay if i do not like it!!! No contract either and not like plusnets no contract but we will charge you £14.99 to migrate within 12 moths! Forgive me, but that sounds like a binding 12 month contract!
N/A

I'm on a monthly contract. Is there a fee to migrate , or shall we call it the fee to give you the MAC code?

So that means pay back the free activation fee,give a months notice and pay for that month even though you hopefully will be with another provider well within the month,and a migration fee as well.

Cry
N/A

After six years as a business and home user, I think it's time to go elsewhere. It's a real shame, as with so many others, I have recommended the service again and again, and as an IT professional, that meant a lot. But this isn't good enough.

Anyone got any recommendations of who else, or does that get edited out here - I'll pop to adslguide.org.uk too, but so many different opinions there.
rob1969
Grafter

Re: What ever happened to Plusnet

My question....what happened, where did it all go wrong?

The company have just slowly declined into mediocrity, and thats putting it politely. Reminds me of my bank actually, years ago you could speak to the Manager, a personal service.

I guess I could cope with it if the support infrastructure was not such a mess. I have never seen a website that is so unnecessarily complicated. It is almost impossible to find any information.

Maybe they just grew too quickly, I dont know. What I do know its time for a change, time tio find the Plusnet that was, five years ago. I am sure it must exist. I dont mind paying a premium for a good service, and actually I thought that is what I may get if I upgraded froma residential to a business account, but quite shocked to find that it made no difference at all.

We use a different ISP at work, and wow what a diffrence, you can actually speak with a person after a few rings of the phone., more expensive mind you, but now I kind of realised that price should be one of many considerations as is not the most important.

I still cant belive that I have been waiting for this supposed 8MB broadband service for over a year, initially I was even paying a premium on the promise that it was arriving. Its never been that importnat its just annoyinmg because I feel deceived.

Its such a pity to witness the decline of a once good company.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) All capitals title reduced to lower case. All caps is akin to shouting and is against the <a href=http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35201>Forum Rules</a href>

I agree with all you say mate,Im thinking of leaving them,They used to be so good.
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?p=337902#337902
N/A

zen is good. I am moving there on Friday.

I have tried tech support line a few times and they answer quickly and are very helpful
kosh2
Grafter

I am awaiting further details on the sky package and then it either there or Newnet. I am already outsourcing binariy newsgouops and looking at an external web host site so the xtras that plusnet offer becomes immaterial.
N/A

pluenet is a waste of time and money

I agree. Plusnet is a waste of money. I am paying for a broadband yet I am writing this message with a dial up from orange, because Plusnet broadband doesn't work and customer service is virtually nonexistent.