cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are PlusNet playing at?

N/A

lo peeps, Sad just had another totally confusing email from PN, anbody else out there having difficulty decyphering thier code, who writes these emails? same person as the enigma code i think, so as of April 14 we are being capped, ok got that bit but also "* extra usage based on 2Mb download speed"
so? does this mean the deal is based on 2mb connection, if so how can u cap till we have 2mb connections ? Evil sounds to me like we have fallen for the oldest trick in the book, carrots and dangaling come to mind. :roll:

[Moderator's note by Liam Martin (martinfamily): Removed the use of inappropriate language in thread title. This is against the forum guidelines.]
3 REPLIES
N/A

The figures that each account speed can transfer is different. The examples given clearly state they relate to 2Mb accounts.

With a little math, it is easy to work out what other account types can transfer.

The peak time usage is a set figure, and is applied to and acheivable by all speeds.

The off-peak transfer can easily be achieved by calcualting ½ of that quoted in the example for 1Mb speeds and ¼ of that quoted in the example, for 512Kb speeds.
N/A

you could have just said that in the email?
N/A

i was wondering also, if its down to BT upgrading lines for PN to allocate, then why have BT already (in my area) upgraded everyone using thier service, but users of other ISP's have to wait? surley when PN were informed of pruposed upgrading of lines they were given a date for these upgrades, so why were we lead to believe we would have an increase in speed at the time of capping, i believed that PN were a good trustworthy ISP, now i think BT and PN are the same. i always thought that when paying for a service the terms and conditions were agreed before money changed hands, seems to me like nobody wants this supposed service PN are offering so you promise to make it better in the future............ duh ok then.