cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a load of rubbish

N/A

What a load of rubbish

What a load of rubbish thats all i can say about my connection..... At the end of march and one day last week was the last time that i had a full day with no disconnects.
I raised a ticket on the 17th of april. Checks were made by plusnet and suprise suprise nothing wrong their end. So to BT to check..... same result. Now plusnet sending me an email saying that i can have an engineer from BT out but be warned that if they found any faults in my internal wiring i might be charged bring it on i said! BT engineer came out did his checks no faulty wiring to be found. Plusnet send me an email saying that the engineer had fixed a fault and if i still had trouble to get in touch. What @!&"x:> fault. I have been in touch with plusnet again and was told to use another modem cos it might just be that. (you know whats coming....!) no it wasnt my modem the other one was the same!
Now plusnet say that they have to speak to BT again. What a great merrygo round this really is.
17 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

What a load of rubbish

I have had a look into the fault ticket on your account and can see that the disconnections still seem to be happening on quite a frequent basis. The reason behind this is obviously something we are trying to find and resolve for you.

How long did the BT engineer stay at your premises and did the connection drop during this time? Did he set anything up different to the way you normally do?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

What a load of rubbish

He was at my place for about 20-30 mins. Didnt drop connection, but that was about 3 o'clock not normally too bad until 4 5 o'clock on wards. He used another modem.Plugged in to the master socket and were the pc is.
N/A

What a load of rubbish

How spooky is this..... since posting last, my connection hasnt dropped. Also a magor gas leak near the exchange has meant loads of people have had to be evacuated from their homes. Could it be that all those people are Plusnet customers who are not online or just a funny coincedence!?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

What a load of rubbish

Thats just a funny coincidence (about the evacuation anyway).

The bit that doesn't surprise me is that now your connection hasn't dropped since making an issue of it here. You go public and it all works beautifully.

Strange that isn't it?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
N/A

What a load of rubbish

It has! Only good for a little while...
N/A

What a load of rubbish

Update......
Had another engineer out yesterday. Couldnt find anything wrong....
Community Veteran

What a load of rubbish

Do you not get it? - The engineer won't find anything wrong. Thats because there is nothing wrong.

This is down to PN but they will never admit it. They would rather deny everything and continue making you play ping-pong between them and BT. It's far easier for them to blame BT and refer you to them than it is for them to use their own resources / time to actually fix the problem themselves.

It's called capitalism and I'm afraid we customers are just a commodity. We do not deserve respect, all we do deserve is the right to give money to people like PN and receive little in return.
N/A

What a load of rubbish

Here we go again...... Two days after getting a half decent service back it starts again. Funny how just after saying to plusnet that its not running too bad the ticket closes and it all starts again!
N/A

What a load of rubbish

Fault checker in progress...... back on the plusnet merry go round!
Community Veteran

What a load of rubbish

And so you shall be for a long time.
N/A

What a load of rubbish

Why oh why do i have to go through the same rubbish answering questions about my connection, setup etc. All your tech guys have to do is look at my previous ticket. It was only closed yesterday and not by me may i add!
N/A

What a load of rubbish

Disconnects since 1700 23/05/07

Not bad for a 30 min duration!
N/A

What a load of rubbish

I wonder if anyone from plusnet can answer a question for me...
Why is it that for ages i have had disconnects left right and center but today i have had a solid connection for over 13 hours. I have not touched anything regarding telephone wires broadband hardware or settings on my pc?
Any takers?
Community Veteran

What a load of rubbish

I wouldnt even attempt to hazard a guess.

Intermittent faults such as yours are the hardest to diagnose and resolve.

If I listed all the possibilities here I'd be typing for a week.

We really want to get this resolved for you, so keep us posted as to progress and we'll push back on BT where and when necessary.