cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What To Do If Your MaxDSL Speed Is Slow

Grandpa
Grafter

I thougt I would pass this reply from bitzbox on to those people having the same problem that I am having. As I found it VERY difficult to raise a ticket regarding this problem.

If you have been upgraded to MaxDSL and like me are getting a good Sync. rate, But your D/Load speed appears stuck at a much lower speed than your line can handle. Then you can raise a ticket for this particular fault here:-

Try this:
Help Assistant -> Test Your Broadband Connection -> What is my Data Transfer Rate/Broadband Speed?

Then ask your question in the box provided.

--
Martin
3 REPLIES
Pheasantplucker
Grafter

I must be really stupid but i just cannot understand what your post means. Please explain as i am having just the same problems as you seem to have.
I should be able to get the full 8mb according to my stats but download speeds are between 2 and 4mb, averaging jus 3.5mb.
Raised a ticket with PN and was told that the download speeds were the best that i could expect...............i really don't believe that
Community Veteran

yep, i followed that route, for similar reasons, with good stats and similar not fantastic speeds, and I got a polite and informative reply within 36 hours, which told me nothing I didn't already know from these forums ...

I suppose getting less than 6000kbps (but more than 2000) isn't going to be treated as a critical fault when other people are getting only 500-600kbps.

It would be nice to think that when the dust settles it will be investigated properly and something corrected, but I'm not holding my breath.
Grandpa
Grafter

The reason I put this post on the forum was because I was upgraded to MaxDSL but my line speed was set at the default 2mb as they had not got the required reports from BT (So I was told)

But when I tried to raise a ticket in the Technical support section (Like I did before) I found that this was no longer possible and was having real trouble finding where to raise a ticket just to let them know my settings were still wrong. That was until bitzbox showed me the correct place to raise a ticket for this specific problem and I know others have had similar problems. So I thought this post might help.