cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Speeds shud i be betting?

N/A

i've just registered with plus net 2meg broadband service i was just wondering what download speed i should be expecting.

Could sombdoy please tell me what i shud get.

Thanks in advance
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

All depends on what your line stats (line attenuation & SNR) are. Do you have that info, and if so, post them here.

However with MaxDSL, the line stats are no longer the determining factor and the exchange will just sync at the fastes your line will reliably take.
N/A

My Speed

Ive been stuck on 512k for ever...

Line stats are -

Downstream Upstream
Line Status ADSL Link Speed 576 kbps 288 kbps
SNR 23.0 dB 12.5 dB
ATEN 52 dB 29 dB

Eveything I read tells me i should have 1mb and thats before Adsl Max

What should I get - now and with ADSL Max
Community Veteran

Who knows as it's down to the hardware at the exchange what you will get. At a guess maybe 2 -> 4Mbs due to your very good SNR. Try your stats in http://212.23.23.177/calc.htm

I also don't know why you are still on 512Kbs as those stats are well within the 1Mbs speed requirement of 60dB.
Griffo
Grafter

Yea, I am running 1Meg with...

Atten: 57dB
Noise: 16dB

Not sure how I will fair on max yet though, estimates are only 1.5! Sad
N/A

how do you find out these stats?
N/A

Depends on what ADSL equipment you're using (modem or router etc).
N/A

Do you mean what speed do people get on the 2mb service, or what speed will you get with the regrade.

If you get a decent server to download from you will find the 2mb services is capable of around 242kb/sec continuous (well mine is Cheesy)
N/A

that depends on the time of day and the type of download you are doing, they like to cripple those nice old protocols that are the backbone of the internet (EG FTP) so that users (the kids and the grandperents) can load up search.msn.com (or w/e it is) and go look for cooking instructions faster. Clearly downloading // uploading files is unimportant to PN users cos we only use the internet to read this forum and use http protocols.