Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Plusnet account to use?

Claremac
Grafter

Hi,
A friend wants to switch to broadband so I have recommended she take a look at Plusnet (naturally!). She is confused about the varying accounts and has asked me to help but I'm as confused as she is. She runs a small business at home and has 2 BT lines. She wants to have ADSL on the business line. She already has a website so doesn't need the website space. I don't think she's going to need P2P or binary newsgroups. Her main requirements are that the phone line isn't tied up and the faster speed. So what is the difference between the basic Home account at £18.99 and the basic Business Account at £24.99? Also is VAT charged and can it be claimed back as a business expense? Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Clare
4 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,

So what is the difference between the basic Home account at £18.99 and the basic Business Account at £24.99?

Basically, if the account is going to be used for business purposes, a business account will be required - the Home Surf package is for domestic/residential purposes only.

Also is VAT charged and can it be claimed back as a business expense?

We do charge VAT on the business accounts, but as all VAT invoices are available on our portal for printing, there should not be any problem in claiming the VAT back.

I hope this helps!
Claremac
Grafter

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Where would she find the VAT invoices for printing, please?

Regards,

Clare
Community Veteran

The 'Account details' section of the portal.

Chris
Claremac
Grafter

Thanks, Chris.