cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Do Items on BT Order Mean?

N/A

It's great that you can view your orders online with BT, it's just a shame they are not written in English! Wink The following appear on my ADSL order:

PROVIDE 1 (ADSL) BT IPSTREAM OFFICE 1000
PROVIDE 1 PROVIDE ADSL (ALCATEL)
PROVIDE 1 BTT 1 E/L ON LINEBOX
PROVIDE 1 PSTN CONVERT FROM H/HWY (ADSL)
PROVIDE 1 BTT CALLS OPTION GEO ISP OSC
PROVIDE 1 BTT 1 OSC

Most I can kind of figure out, but I wonder what the second item PROVIDE 1 PROVIDE ADSL (ALCATEL) is? I don't want a router, just the line conversion.
7 REPLIES
N/A

I may be missing the point slightly, but you can view your adsl order status here.
N/A

Indeed.. but the extract above is from the BT site and shows the actual work (job tickets I guess) that the BT engineer will be undertaking as a result of the order placed on my behalf with BT. Is that clearer?
jberry
Grafter

Most I can kind of figure out, but I wonder what the second item PROVIDE 1 PROVIDE ADSL (ALCATEL) is?

This may relate to the manufacturer of the equipment in your local exchange as some (maybe most?) of the equipment BT use is Alcatel.

Regards,
N/A

Indeed.. but the extract above is from the BT site and shows the actual work (job tickets I guess) that the BT engineer will be undertaking as a result of the order placed on my behalf with BT. Is that clearer?

Wow - I didn't even know you could do that Smiley
N/A

You can register at www.bt.com - There are a few hoops you have to jump through, but once you've done it, you can track your bill and any orders online.
Community Veteran

Yes it's just the ADSL line card that they need to install (or connect you to an existing one).

Don't know what OSC but I should be able to find out on Monday (unless someone else does in the mean time).

Chris
N/A

I could probably find out too... Just thought there may be a knowledgeable person online...