cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weymouth Enabled?

N/A

Weymouth Enabled?

hi all i am sure we would all like to know which exchanges will be able to take advantage of the upcoming 8Meg upgrade, my question is simple will the Weymouth phone exchange be able to take advantage of the 8 Meg speed??
or where can i go to find out??

thanks Phil
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Weymouth Enabled?

AFAIK there is no information at present as to which exchanges will support the DSLMax services.

Chris
N/A

DLSAM

i see Weymouth is getting DSLAM on the 16/4/05 is this an indcation that it will support 8 Meg?

thanks Phil
Community Veteran

Weymouth Enabled?

Not that I know of.

Basically a DSLAM is the equipment used in the exchange to connect all of the ADSL lines to it, AFAIK BT are using the same equipment as they currently do for the Max stuff. The fitting of a new DSLAM is likely to be due to the cexchange needing more capacity in general for future users.

Chris
Community Veteran

Weymouth Enabled?

The MaxDSL and the higher speeds are two completely separate activities. MaxDSL is (will be) available on all exchanges and is not dependant on the 4/8Mb trials starting in April.

So we will all be upgraded/changed to MaxDSL from April and have a max 2Mbs possible. As the 4/8Mbs trial continues those that can support the higher speeds will then get them.
N/A

Thanks

thats great thanks for the info, that has made it all alot more clear

thanks Phil