cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Were has all the spam gone?

N/A

I know the new spam filters etc start today and instead of getting 120 email I only got 7 great. But were is the spam?
I check webmail and there is no SPAM box or anything to do with spam.
I need to check the spam
Dont like the new webmail
7 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

I dont like it either so im glad im not alone but then again i never use it anyway so i suppose it doesnt matter much

As for viewing your spam you need to login to webmail and activate the spam folder

Go to folders and at the bottom is Inbox.Spam then select subscribe underneath it
N/A

No cant do that at the bottom on the left is a box with inbox spam and inbox SPAM and I can unsubcribe but not subcribe.

If I try and create a Spam folder I get
ERROR: Could not complete request.
Query: CREATE "INBOX.Spam"
Reason Given: Cannot create this folder.

So were has all todays spam gone?
holdtight
Grafter

mmmm odd, mine was already subscribed to by default when the new settings came online and the spam folder was already in place containing mail

So you have no spam folder its just not there ?
Ive got these folders

INBOX
Drafts
Sent
Trash
Spam

Have you checked your spam settings are still as before since thats been changed too and has now been revamped and renamed to Manage My Mail under email settings
N/A

It suddenly appeared with some spam in it but not all there was one I wanted but its not there.

It must be slow activating
N/A

Having struggled for an hour with the same problem of missing spam, I have found the answer. If your e-mail address is john@smith.plus.com, it is no good logging in as 'smith' because all you will see is mail that was incorrectly addressed (eg to jhon@smith.plus.com). You must log in as 'smith+john'. You'll then find all your missing spam! It's a pity PlusNet haven't bothered to explain this on the log in page. (You will also need to subscribe to your Spam folder, if this hasn't already been selected.)
chrisco
Grafter

@mwright, I've found if you try to create a new folder for spam & use a capital letter for the first letter it doesn't work, however, if you type all lower case it does. :?
Midville
Grafter

I have had very little spam for the last couple of days.