cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird problem??

N/A

Weird problem??

Hi,

I have 3 pcs connected on a LAN via a router, im having trouble accessing certain websites, on one of my pcs i cannot connect to www.argos.co.uk and www.ea.com as i know of, but if i go onto my other 2 pcs the both websites work fine. same settings, same security settings, same everything.

Please help im going out my head here trying to fix it. Cry
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Weird problem??

What broswers are you using?

Are all the browsers configured the same - check the setting on each, especially things like running javascript and what types of cookies you allow?

Have you tried changing the broswer setting to their default values?

What OS versions are on each PC?

Do you have any firewall software running on any of the PCs?

Do you have any other background software like pop-up stoppers, spyware detectors etc?

Are all 3 PCs running the same software, if not what is different about the working ones or the failing one? Check what is running in the background?

Have you tried rebooting your PC to see if that fixes it.
N/A

Weird problem??

Yeah i have tryed checking all the settings, including cookies etc, browser is IE6 operatin system is windows xp, i do have a firewall on the working machines and that none working one but i have turned it off, and still no joy.

Thanks
N/A

Weird problem??

Hi,
Have you set your DNS settings correctly? I had that problem a while back but i set my dns as 192.168.1.1 (router) as that had the DNS settings in it and things didnt run 100% eg, some pages didnt want to work etc..

Try setting your computers to the following DNS settings,

primary 212.159.13.49
secondary 212.159.13.50

hope that helps Smiley
N/A

Weird problem??

Yup all pcs are set to 212.159.13.49 and 212.159.13.50, its only my pc that dont work with afew pages but all the others do, so im thinking it could be a problem with my pc or browser??

Thanks
N/A

Weird problem??

In internet options/ General, delete Cookies and Files
from temporary internet files section and also clear the
browser History.
On settings tab ensure 'check for newer versions of stored pages'
is set to 'auto' or try 'every time you visit page'.
You might need to re-install or repair IE6 look for 318378
on microsoft database, on how to do it correctly.
Another good browser to try is Mozilla Firebird.
Alec
N/A

Weird problem??

this one is puzzling :? as aleca says, try and totally default IE wipe cookies, temp internet files etc.. :?
N/A

Weird problem??

I had a similar problem some time back, but affected all machines on the LAN, so it may not be your solution. In my case, it was the +Net portal I could not access.
It turned out the be the USR router at fault and a firmware upgrade was required.
Community Veteran

Weird problem??

What firewall software are you running and what did you do to turn it off?
N/A

Weird problem??

All sorted now, thanks for your replys Smiley
Brickinit
Grafter

Weird problem??

come on, let us know what the answer was :? you can't have everyone racking their brains and leave them in suspenders. :shock: