cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird IPs

N/A

Weird IPs

During the restarting router thing that was going on earlier, I looked in my own router config and to my surprise I'd been assigned with a really weird IP. It was 81.152.167.85, which AFAIK isn't even in Plusnet's range (which is 212.x.x.x isn't it?). I nslookup'd it once I got back online and its a btcentralplus IP.

Name: host81-152-167-85.range81-152.btcentralplus.com
Address: 81.152.167.85

I brought up a ticket about it, just wondering if anyone else has seen somthing similar happen? Or does it just happen while weird stuff is going on normally? i mean, it was cured by a reconnect after the work was "finished", just wondering, you know.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Weird IPs

This is nothing to worry about and happens from time to time. It's a BT IP which you get assigned if BT can't connect you to PlusNet. for them to assign your IP.

Just disconnecting and reconnecting usually fixes this. If it keeps happening, manually set your DNS servers to Plusnets: 212.159.6.9, 212.159.6.10, 212.159.13.49 and 212.159.13.50.

This problem was likely caused by the router software upgrade issue. See service status for details.
N/A

Weird IPs

Thanks, good to know its nothing problematic Smiley
N/A

Weird IPs

I had the same thing happen once, knocked me offline because all my routing tables are setup with a static 8-block, and the ADSL router picked up some other IP on the WAN side.
N/A

Re: Weird IPs

During the restarting router thing that was going on earlier, I looked in my own router config and to my surprise I'd been assigned with a really weird IP. It was 81.152.167.85, which AFAIK isn't even in Plusnet's range (which is 212.x.x.x isn't it?). .

I guess I must be a pirate then - 80.xxxxx IP Cheesy

Still get charged by PN every month though .. :lol: