cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web pages not downloading 100%

N/A

Over the last week I've been having problems whereby webpages are ending abruptly - this has been noticed on BBC pages amoungst other sites. I've also notcied various podcasts etc aren't downloading fully. Something is clearly wrong but I'm not sure where the problem lies.

2 weeks ago I changed my router for a Netgear DG834g but it was certainly working okay when it was first installed, so I'm not convinced the issue is with the router.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing it?
8 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Couple of suggestions, have you tried rebooting the router and have you tried a different browser?

I've got a Netgear DG834G and notice that it does need a reboot every so often otherwise I'll start to see the odd page either loading slowly or not loading fully.
N/A

Hi,
Router gets turned off every night and I've only tried IE7. Will try Firefox later but apart from that I'm stuck. Could it possibly be something at plusnet's or BT's end?

Thanks for the help,

Paul.
N/A

Clear the cache in IE solves most problems. In IE choose Internet tools and clear all the old files out
N/A

Will give that a go, but it is affecting both my main PC and my laptop not just 1 machine.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

It's the sort of problem that's more likely to be something local rather than our side or BT's side. It's not impossible to be us or BT just you don't see this type of problem often and when you do it's usually the router or PC or a setting or software.

With it being on 2 PCs I'm included to think it's either the router or maybe something between router and PC, which leads me to ask, are you using wireless? And if so have you tried wired? Certainly worth a try.

Do you notice any problems, error messages or timeouts using anything else, e.g. email giving timeouts or MSN logging you out? Does it happen all the time or is there any pattern to it?

Have you run a speedtest?

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/troubleshooting/bt_speed_tester.shtml

Might not show anything, but a low result here could be an indicator of the problem.
superloon
Grafter

try turning off the Trend Micro Security Service in the router? i had the same problem now everything is ok?
N/A

If I knew you I'd buy you a drink ;-)

That was indeed the problem - last week I tried turning it on to check out the anti-virus monitoring. I obviously fogot to turn it back off.

Thanks again.
superloon
Grafter

yes that was my reaction when i found the problem pleased i could help? :lol: :lol: :lol: