cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web download limit

N/A

Web download limit

Can anyone tell me what this is, how it operates and its relationship to the monthly download limit.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Web download limit

Unlike the "old" scheme, there is no difference in relation as to HOW you download something, only the amount that gets downloaded.

So... 20Gb on p2p or 20Gb on streaming movies or 20Gb on browsing a web forum would all be treated the same and be counted towards the same monthly totals.

The only difference as you do approach the limits, different types of download will be throttled differently.

The page at http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/network/traffic_management.shtml should explain what will happen on your account type as you approach each threashold limit if you choose the appropiate selection from the drop down menu.
Community Veteran

Web download limit

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking tbh.

Are you asking about download allowances for PN hosted user websites, or was it the info "mourby" gave you that you needed?
N/A

WEB DOWNLOAD LIMIT

I should have said website download limit - this is referred to separately (in the product spec) to the overall download limit which I understand.

The reason why the website is a separate entity is still unclear - clarification would be appreciated.
N/A

Web download limit

Ahh, that limit Wink

Basically it defines how much bandwidth PN will allow people viewing a website you host on your account (on PN servers) to use.

It doesn't bear any relationship to what you view on your own computer, and isn't counted as part of your monthly useage. (Unless you are viewing your own website)

It merely counts up the amount of bandwidth the servers hosting your website use to deliver your website to people trying to view it.

Its there to prevent people from running hugely popular websites using loads of bandwidth, for example if you had come up with the Myspace site idea, and hosted it at PN. With millions of users, the bandwidth costs would have been huge for PN in this type of situation.

If you just have a blog there for example, and just your family and a friends view it, you would be fine.
If you had videos of your wedding, and hundreds of people tried to download it, you would likely go over your limit.

I know I haven't explained very clearly, but I do hope you fathom my meaning. Cry

Perhaps someone could explain it better... help :shock:
Community Veteran

Web download limit

Pretty much covers it James. Heh.
Except to mention that the ammount of webspace bandwidth available each day depends upon which account type you're on.

BB+ is 100mb bandwidth per day, with a 100mb space for your site.

Prem & PAYG are 250mb bandwidth per day, with 250mb of space for your site.