cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have detected a possible Worm Infection....

markgillespie
Grafter

I keep getting these redirections, but I am pretty sure they are false, as I have checked my routers NAT configuration, and port 135 NETBIOS is blocked for both incoming and outgoung WAN traffic.

Anyone else getting these, and suspect they may be bogus?
4 REPLIES
N/A

i don't understand what you're seeing/getting. what are these redirections?
N/A

These happen when the Redback units detect any activity on port 135. It was designed to stop the spread of worms such as Blaster. Every website you visit will return THIS page warning you of a possible problem. To get rid of it you just reboot your connection equipment.

mgillespie: I'm doubtful that they could be bogus, otherwise you wouldn't be the only person having these problems. To fix the webpage coming up for now you can restart your equipment.
N/A

Once detected, the redirect is in place for 60 seconds, after which normal brwsing should be resumed.

It should only happen once during any connection session, after which ICMP will be blocked both in and outbound.

To reset the block, reconnected as already noted.

I also doubt you are seeing these for no reason. Which router do you have?

Depending on your router, you should be able to have a program on your computer, receiving the logs from the router (syslog or SNMP trap).

It would be wise to download the likes of "Kiwi syslog deamon" (available HERE), and setup your router to forward the logs. (some routers require a reboot or power cycle for settings like this to take full effect).

It would be wise to ensure that packets are actualy being dropped and that there are no dormany and forgotten settings required to make the filters work properly.
markgillespie
Grafter

I have a Draytek 2600 We. It does do syslogging, but I have no idea what I am looking for....