cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchdog..

pgudge
Grafter

Watchdog..

I dont like having the wool pulled over my eyes, or having large objects rammed up somewhere, but to be perfectly honest, I have been with PN a while, everything I did 3 years ago, I am still doing now, at a cheaper rate.

caps? fare enough, move to Premier.

change T&C, its in the T&C's that they can do this, (anyone see a catch Cheesy)

expelling customers, not heard of that one, but at school you got expelled for doing something you shouldn't have.

keeping us upto date, to be perfectly honest I dont think PlusNet know whats happening either, the earlier Product change with Limits and Fare Usage, so much went into that and fancy graphics and graphs, and then sunddenly dropped over night. They are trying their best to please us. If BT say jump, PlusNet and all over "Wholesale" ISP's HAVE to say "How high?" I think PlusNet like to try new approaches and watch whats going on else where, and then taking other ISP's results and supplying the finished product to us without the cr*p.
9 REPLIES
N/A

Watchdog..

For all those that saw the ep of watchdog where they abused Bulldog (yay!) for being awful.. and thought, hey plusnet suck balls as well :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/contact/computers.shtml

sign up here with your complaint, see if we can get PlusNet on watchdog as well to explain all this stuff
pgudge
Grafter

Watchdog..

sign up here with your complaint, see if we can get PlusNet on watchdog as well to explain all this stuff

What have PN done to warrant a complaint?
Community Veteran

Watchdog..

Quite a lot. Expelling two customers, not keeping customers up to date, changing of goalposts. I am happy with my service and as such I am staying but PN need a wake up call in the comms area!
Community Veteran

Watchdog..

Expelling cutomers:

Plus recently expelled a couple of customers for pressuring them on here to e-mail all customers telling them about the 21.99 service.

A lot of the problems with plus recently are communications ones. for example implementing shaping on premier before telling anyone. If they can get over these and each time they change a service give two weeks notice and explain precisely why they are doing it, then they won't have problems. I would rather work with plus trying to improve the service than work against them howevere they do need a wake up call watchdog I belive could provide that.
pgudge
Grafter

Watchdog..

Fair enough, not really great grounds to give users the boot that have contributed to the progress and success of PlusNet, but they are the bosses.

Like I said before they are always trying new stuff, and they probably feel we're not going to annouce it and get everyone filling the forums with questions, when the testing product may not even make it to going live.

BT, AOL, Tiscali, Virgin etc is the place to go for a simple "Can I have a 1mbps Broadband account please". Where they follow pretty much BT's guidelines to the lines and you get what you get. PlusNet like to go the extra distance by testing and offering better features. with the small disadvantage of small downtimes, slow speeds etc.

You pay ~£100 for XP Pro, and millions of users/companies probably ask Microsoft for better features and unlocking certain features, how many of them do you think we get?
Community Veteran

Watchdog..

Fair enough, not really great grounds to give users the boot that have contributed to the progress and success of PlusNet, but they are the bosses.

No we are the bosses, they just don't realise it yet :razz:

Like I said before they are always trying new stuff, and they probably feel we're not going to annouce it and get everyone filling the forums with questions, when the testing product may not even make it to going live.

I think we're barking up different trees here, you are on about extra features? Where as I mean things like the shaping of p2p was bought in and denied until it was announced (if that makes sense).

BT, AOL, Tiscali, Virgin etc is the place to go for a simple "Can I have a 1mbps Broadband account please". Where they follow pretty much BT's guidelines to the lines and you get what you get.
Shudder!

You pay ~£100 for XP Pro, and millions of users/companies probably ask Microsoft for better features and unlocking certain features, how many of them do you think we get?

The one MS want to do and then they don't work. I prefer linux and will be switching proper once I have a router!
pgudge
Grafter

Watchdog..

Smiley I shudder everytime I get my BT bill through the door, as much as I love PlusNet if I could ever get Cable, I would be OFF. No more money to BT I say.

I have never seen PlusNet as a "open" type of ISP like BT, AOL etc. since the days of Force9 they have been like a "big brother" ISP, doing cool stuff etc. Like a support call I once made. It DIDNT go like this, but I know this is what he wanted to say. Back in the 33.6k days

"Hi, i'm on Force9 internet and I cannot log to the dialup number."
"yeah, me and dave was playing footie with a mini football and dave kicked it at router and it snapped the uplink clip, cisco are coming out this afternoon, be back up then"

They are now defo near the top of the list and the user count is growing everyday, maybe this is why I have a releaxed tone with them. Dont get me wrong I'm onto them as soon as the nets be down for more than a day, and will moan cos they say there is nothing wrong, when clearly there is. But for the die hard "must have net" people, a dialup modem at hand is good enough to get important emails.
N/A

Watchdog..

Grudge if you have been here three years, have you just totaly ignored the customer feedback area on the forum? or the 100's of posts of people complaining about all that has been mentiond above? any how this wasnt a topic for "what has plusnet done wrong" it was a "hey if you didnt know you can complain to watchdog here ::... insert link" post, to allow those that DO have a grudge against plusnet for what ever reason to rais a complaint, no need to get all "plusnet rox" on us, go tell that to everyone in the customer feedback area, but be warned you will be in a increasingly small minority.
pgudge
Grafter

Watchdog..

Its Gudge, not Grudge Smiley I dont hold grudges Smiley

I dont care where I voice my opinion, I asked what have they dont to warrant a complaint, I hardly see reasons why. Ifs its in the T&C's then you have 2 choice, one of them is to leave, and PlusNet make this very easy for you to do.

I've been here since day one, but recently changed to PlusNet from force9 after going to ADSL. I do think PlusNet rox, but I am not flauntng this here.

Pleople want the cheapest deals but they also want everything, and not all the disadvantages of other ISPs. its not possible for a company to give you everything for the cheapest price and still make a profit.

If you want a ISP that is not going to change and give its users cutting edge technologies, then go to BT or AOL, you will be much happier there, apart from the caps, limits, prices. But you can't have everything.

And like I said above, none of the propsed limits on PlusNets customers have affected me. The fair usage would have 100% affected me, and many others, but PlusNet saw this was going to be a bad move, so they decided not to go through with it.

I go home, I download email, read forums, grab latest tracks from iTunes and enjoy a fast paced game with mates on Battlefield2 and Call Of Duty with very little lag, if none at all.