cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to 'downgrade' to 21.99 2mb

N/A

I'm on 2mb at the moment and am paying £39.99, i've read some posts here about downgrading and paying £21.99 but i am not entirely sure what to do or how this works.. could someone please explain to me how i would go about this and how the service would differ from my current set up?
4 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Raise a ticket to regrade to the £21.99 service.
The only change is that you will pay £18 less a month.

Most people think that this should have been automatic, or at least Pn should have emailed you, but they chose not to.

If and when the 4 or 8Mb service arrives and you wish to change to it (at an increased monthly charge), there will be a regrade fee of £14.99 to pay.
Carrying on paying £39.99 a month avoids that one-off £14.99.
N/A

I've just "downgraded" to the 2Mb max for £21.99 from my current 1Mb £29.99 offering. It's cost me £14.99 to do, so in two months time I'll be saving money.

I will not be able to get any better than a 1Mb link anyway due to distance from the exchange, I'm happy.
Alecto
Grafter

If you can't get a speed increase, you should get your £14.99 back.

The change to the £21.99 account is free, it's only jumping the speed upgrade queue that costs, and you get it back if it doesn't work.
N/A

well if pn is going to wait for bt to put out its 8mbit service then everyone would save money downgrading as even if bt release it in aughust thats still over £50 saving there and you know what bt are like most people will probably have to wait a LOT longer.

The only way I would consider not downgrading is if PN are going to use LLU from easynet, the reason I say this is I can get 8mbit tomorrow from them if I wanted (can see the exchange from my window Cheesy so if they go this route then sure I want it.