cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wannado ADSL MAC key Unhappy Customer

N/A

Has anyone else had any problems moving from one isp to plusnet because of needing to get MAC keys from their old isp. I began the whole migration process absoloutly ages ago. Then went on holiday for 3 weeks and came back to no connection so i though oh yer, just put in my plusnet details and i will be back online with new 1meg adsl because i was migrating and upgrading to the 1meg. So i changed the settings on my router and nothing. So a call to plusnet later i now need to get wannado to give me a mac key. So i called them. and nothing, 48 hours until their promised email containing the key later and nothing, so we did it again, still nothing, now it must be about 6 times i have phoned them then gone round to my grandparents house to get my email. NOTHING. Nothing at all, not for a good 2 weeks now. No ADSL no nothing. Cant connect to wannado cant connect to plus. Nothing, has anyone had problems like this? Also, If it is at all possible does anyone know if i can migrate without this stupid number. Or is there a way for plusnet to do it for me. Because in all fairness we have paid to be migrated and for the connection and i presume we are actually currently paying because our account has been created. Thanks very much.

A very disgruntled Ben Ford.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Ben
As far as I know you do have to get the MAC key now to be able to migrate and your old ISP should provide it for you.

I noticed that you are also trying to upgrade to 1meg at the same time? This is not possible as only like for like services can migrate. You will have to come over on the same speed from Wannado and then apply for the upgrade once the migration has completed.

Hope you get somewhere soon with obtaining the MAC key.
N/A

There was (still is as far as I know) a problem at BT, in relation to issuing MAC keys.

This means that some ISPs are having issues releasing them, and may be the cause of the delay from Wanadoo.

Wanadoo are now part of the Ofcom regulated "Industry code of practice" for Broadband Migration. (see HERE).

Should you need to reaise a complaint aginst the, that is the best place.
Community Veteran

N/A

i too had a similar problem with wanadoo and it took nearly a week of constantly ringing them before i could get the MAC Sad

having said that a m8 of mine made one call and got the MAC within the hour

i think it's pretty much pot luck more than anything

good luck and don't get too stressed with it all as it's not worth it Wink
N/A

Hmm you say you put the migration request in ages ago if so was this using a CBUK number?

The reason I ask is that it was not unknown for the ADSL line to get ceased by the loosing ISP under the old system. As you cant connect to wanadoo anymore that may be what has happened here. If the line has been ceased you can't migrate and will have to apply for a new activation.

I would phone Plusnet explain that you can no longer connect to your old ISP and see if they can check the status of the line. You can of course try asking Wanadoo but you may get a bit more sense out of Plusnet.

Steve
N/A

I got my MAC no form wanadoo within a few hrs of calling.
It was a woman I was talking to, so naturally I used me charm and sweet
talked her into doing it asap. :lol: