cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for ADSL line activation-phone line went dead for an

N/A

Waiting for ADSL line activation-phone line went dead for an

Hi Guys,

I am waiting for my phone line to be checked for ADSL and my phone line went dead for an hour today is this a good sign.

Regards

Julian
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Waiting for ADSL line activation-phone line went dead fo

> Hi Guys,
>
> I am waiting for my phone line to be checked for ADSL and my phone line went dead for an hour today is this a good sign.
>
>
> Regards
>
>
>
> Julian

I don't think it is a bad sign cos i remember mine going dead when i was waiting for line activation, it didnt last long.
N/A

Hi Julian,

It is certainly very likely that your line was being tested for ADSL. If everything went okay with the test, it is also likely that the line is already enabled.

My own experience was a five day turn around from order to activation (although this was four months ago before the BT broadband advertising really started). I had equipment from previous installation (house move)and was able to leave the modem trying to connect. As soon as it syn'ced I contacted Plusnet and they setup the account within minutes. Super service.

Personally I've had no problems at all, with speeds rock steady at 470/240 (after tweaking the MTU & RWIN) and only been affected with downtime once when the server was upgraded.

Good luck and happy speeding

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Tested yes, but pass or fail you have too wait unless you have a modem too test with. If it synchs and you can use the test login then its just a matter of time.
--
ADSL @ 288/576 Self Install
IRC.UTCHAT.COM
Usually in #utgames #UT2003chat
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Thanks for your replies

Thanks alot for your replies it helps to here from people who have already been through the process.

I will be interested to see the difference the fast connection makes.

Thanks Again

Julian
N/A

RE: Thanks for your replies

>
> Thanks alot for your replies it helps to here from people who have already been through the process.
>
> I will be interested to see the difference the fast connection makes.
>
>
> Thanks Again
>
>
>
> Julian
>

"Activation" in my experience is actually the least of your concerns with getting your new ADSL connection up and running.

If you've gone for the "ADSL Conexant PCI Starter Pack" then read here:
http://www.consumer-reviews.co.uk/topic.asp?ReviewID=7174&SubCatID=104276&CategoryID=254&SubMainID=2...

If not, consider yourself lucky!

Ps. if you're curious, just read that review I wrote to see what the fuss is about.
N/A

yep your up and running bt did mine within 3 hours of signing up with Plusnet got a mates modem round checked it weird thing was when I came home from work that day there was 2 bt engineers working outside next door I went in the house and my line was dead call in to check it to see if they had knocked it thats how a found out the line was enabled spooky

Coley