cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WTF is going on

N/A

WTF is going on

I got a phonecall today from you guys there at Plusnet to say that BT have closed the issue with my problem, here are my speed tests plz dont laugh.
I had to it out so i thought a game of tribes on the fastest server wouldnt be too difficult but guess what massive packloss and freezing, until i found i lagged out on my broadband 512k service had lost the server.

Downstream 68 Kbps (8.5 KB/sec) 78 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 210 Kbps (26.3 KB/sec) 241 Kbps (inc. overheads)

This is BT at their best utter sh*te as per usual.
I am becomming very tired of this performance. My V90 isa modem service oporated at a far better service before the BT's 004 days.

I have just been trying to get plusnet technical services on the phone but after waiting 40 minutes i got bored.
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: WTF is going on

I know what you mean my adsl goes to pot every night between 8 pm and 1 am.
Tonight i had a special rp event going on with my squad in jumpgate, ending up with a big fight. I felt like i was useing a 56k with all the lag that I was getting, it ain easy shooting some1 when they are jumping around like a kangeroo.
N/A

I know exactly how you all feel. My ADSL is doing the exact same the now. During the day it is fine; fast speeds, brilliant pings but then, come about 5pm, whhooosshh all the speed is gone.

Believe me mate im not laughing. If i was i would be a hypocrit because my speeds are exactly the same. Shocking.

However, i seem to have been let off a bit lighter than you two have. Even when my ADSL is running at its slowest, i still get normal pings of 30-40ms.

Thats the only plus-side. Apart from that its diabolical.

Also if you are thinking of contacting Plusnet by email, i wouldnt bother, nobody is getting a reply, including me. This is frustrating to say the least.

Anyway at least some consolation is the fact that we are not alone and that the problem is with Plusnet and not with us. Not that that makes it any better though
N/A

Welll this definitely confirms that something happens to my ADSL after 5pm as AGAIn this morning, it is fine again; and at full speed.

Just done a speed test and here are the results:
Downstream 451 Kbps (56.4 KB/sec) 518 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 240 Kbps (30.0 KB/sec) 276 Kbps (inc. overheads)

As you can see this is pretty much full speed. In fact i think it is the fastest i have ever had. But, come around 5pm the speed will drop dramatically. To confirm this i will do another speed test around 7pm and i will update you.

Is there anyone else having similar symptons (not just the slow speed) but the fact that is really fast during the day but come night time, a modem would be better.
N/A

Welcome to the Broadband revolution!!!

Yes, it happens to me too. I work from home a couple of days a week and use my ADSL to connect to Citrix servers in the office - it's ninja fast - abosultely brilliant.

Come 5.00pm - Jesus Christ on a broomstick - it is SOOOO SLLOOOWWW. I'm up quite late and I would've thought that it would get better as the masses went to bed but it doesn't really speed up until 12.30-1.00am. I wouldn't say it is worse than the old modem speed I got with Freeserve but at night it's not that much better.

I downloaded something the other night and it slowed right down to 3.6 (on the little download box) - I thought then that "this is slower than modem" and promptly stopped it. Set it going again around 1.00am and it downloaded at around 48.0 - very fast and very happy.

Is this BT, Plusnet or my exchange fault?

I don't know how to do speed tests so I can't confirm download/upload speeds
N/A

I've also had slow connection speed - from the outset of my ADSL connection about two weeks ago and those guys at Plus Net still haven't sorted it out! BT engineer has confirmed my line is working fine. Besides, got excellent speed on Tues eve, so I *know* that it isn't a fault at my end.

> I got a phonecall today from you guys there at Plusnet to say that BT have closed the issue with my problem, here are my speed tests plz dont laugh.
> I had to it out so i thought a game of tribes on the fastest server wouldnt be too difficult but guess what massive packloss and freezing, until i found i lagged out on my broadband 512k service had lost the server.
>
> Downstream 68 Kbps (8.5 KB/sec) 78 Kbps (inc. overheads)
> Upstream 210 Kbps (26.3 KB/sec) 241 Kbps (inc. overheads)
>
> This is BT at their best utter sh*te as per usual.
> I am becomming very tired of this performance. My V90 isa modem service oporated at a far better service before the BT's 004 days.
>
> I have just been trying to get plusnet technical services on the phone but after waiting 40 minutes i got bored.
>