cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WORSE post-upgrade speeds

N/A

WORSE post-upgrade speeds

I am quite angry.

I am a relatively new PlusNet ADSL subscriber on the plusdsl.net realm, having joined only a couple of weeks ago. I was thrilled with the excellent speed and reliability I got from the off, and went about recommending PlusNet to all my friends.

However, the "upgrade" has brought a decline in the quality of my service. Before yesterday, I used to get a constant 60/30 on the adslguide speed test. Now, it hovers around the 48-50/22-25 mark. Plus, USENET download speeds have become very sporadic sometimes stopping altogether for several minutes.

What is the point in "upgrading" your infrastructure when some customers are going to get WORSE speeds and reliability?

Fair enough, a lot of people's problems have apparently been sorted by these upgrades, but this should NOT come at the expense of others' speeds.

What is going on, and can I expect a return to the excellent speeds and reliability I enjoyed up till now?
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: WORSE post-upgrade speeds

Calm down Smiley
It's obvious from the Service Status postings that PlusNet have had some problems with hardware, not all of it related to the upgrade. Looks like the upgrade is a non-trivial exercise and, as with all things IT, isn't going strictly to plan. I'm sure they will get it sorted ASAP and the service will settle down & hopefully be better for everyone. Two good points to note:
1) At least PlusNet are doing an upgrade, not just ignoring the problems people have reported.
2) They are keeping us regularly updated via the Service Status postings.

I too have only been with PlusNet a short while, but I've worked in IT for nearly 15 years, so I know what to expect when changes are implemented. Give the boys a break, I'm sure they'll have everything sorted as soon as they can.....

If, when they give the all-clear, you still have problems - then start ranting Wink

----------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in this world...
Ones that understand binary and the ones that don't.

> I am quite angry.
>
> I am a relatively new PlusNet ADSL subscriber on the plusdsl.net realm, having joined only a couple of weeks ago. I was thrilled with the excellent speed and reliability I got from the off, and went about recommending PlusNet to all my friends.
>
> However, the "upgrade" has brought a decline in the quality of my service. Before yesterday, I used to get a constant 60/30 on the adslguide speed test. Now, it hovers around the 48-50/22-25 mark. Plus, USENET download speeds have become very sporadic sometimes stopping altogether for several minutes.
>
> What is the point in "upgrading" your infrastructure when some customers are going to get WORSE speeds and reliability?
>
> Fair enough, a lot of people's problems have apparently been sorted by these upgrades, but this should NOT come at the expense of others' speeds.
>
> What is going on, and can I expect a return to the excellent speeds and reliability I enjoyed up till now?