cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAG54GS Router

N/A

WAG54GS Router

Trying to install a WAG54GS router which is driving me mad. I reach the stage of imputing the info on the router's SecureEasySetup when I am asked to confirm settings and get the response ' Firmware Upgrade failed. Please try again'.

Also my laptop wifi connection keps switching on and off. The wifi in the laptop is pre-installed and indicates that the signal is strong.

Any ideas please.
3 REPLIES
N/A

WAG54GS Router

Did you do as the instructions say, and "run the CD first"?

This SHOULD set up the IP address and so forth automatically - or did you
try to set up "manually"?

The laptop will keep turning on and off if it connects and then doesnt have the right password or wep key
N/A

Use the CAT 5, Luke...

Stop that wifi stuff until you've got it set up properly. Use a wire. A CAT 5 UTP LAN cable. That one that came in the box.Cheesy Use the setup CD like mright says, it worked perfectly for me. You may have to disable any software firewall during the setup in order to accomplish it. If I remember rightly part of setup on a router or many analog modems is to flash the country of usage into the firmware, so as to restrict the way the thing can operate according to the telecoms laws for that location. If you don't do it, then don't expect it to work properly.

You can always enable and configure all that wifi stuff after you get the router connecting properly. Personally I abhor it. See my older sig on AG for what my daughter thought when I explained it to her. :lol:
N/A

WAG54GS Router

Thanks to you both.

It transpires that the problem lay with the wifi connection on the laptop. On page 41 of the manual it refers to Odyssey software which is contained within the hard drive but not loaded. Once this is loaded a reference on page 12 gives a clue what to do. Hardly user friendly but at least it is now working. Still doesn't explain the error message on the router...but if it aint broke don't fix it.