cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voyager 210 Router on boot up

Barry_Doe
Grafter

Is there a correct sequence for booting up with the Voyager 210 Router supplied by PlusNet please? I have left it switched on so that as soon as I boot up my computer in the morning the Router starts up. However, whilst it sometimes works perfectly, on other occasions I have to disable then enable it via my desktop to get it to function, whilst on some occasions I have to switch the power to the Router off and on again to get it to work. There is nothing in the instructions to say but I wonder if it's meant to be turned off at the rear (ie, no power) and only powered up after the computer is booted. Has anyone any knowledge on this score?

Many thanks,

Barry
3 REPLIES
N/A

If you have the computer set to get its ip from the router ie dhcp then you need to turn the router on before you turn on the pc. This gives it chance to startup and then issue you with an ip.

It doesnt make any difference how you turn it off but the best way would be turn off the pc first then the router.

Are you using usb or cable if you use the cable option there will be fewer problems.
Barry_Doe
Grafter

Thanks. I'm using the ethernet connection. The USB was a bit slower.

Barry
Community Veteran

Hi, I hope you don't mind me hijacking this thread to ask another question about the Voyager 210.

Every week or so, my PlusNet connection disconnects (Internet light goes out). Not a problem in itself but should the Voyager reconnect automatically (I can't find a setting for this)?

I have to browse to 192.168.1.1 and reconnect manually. If I'm not around, I don't want to have to give other members of the family access to the router pages.

Thanks - Bob