cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voyager 105 to BT1800HG but no software supplied?

N/A

Hi just got my new BT 1800HG 2wire with no instructions or cd rom for installation. I contacted the support team and they say I don't need a cd rom all I apparently have to do is type in 192.168.0.1 into the web browser, but it still won't connect and brings back the Voyager 105 connection.

Do I need to first delete the Voyager?

The other thing is that I want to connect it straight to my home PC via USB as it is a 2000 machine which is located upstais and still be able to pick up wireless connection downstair on my new Dell inspiron 6400, would the signal be ok?

Help please Sad
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Hi there.

As the 1800HG is a router there is no software to install.It is best connected via the network card on your PC (providing one is available).

The correct ip address for setting up the router is 192.168.1.254 I apologise if you were given incorrect information regarding this and I will address this with the analyst concerned.

Please take a look at our set up guide which is available here.

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/bt1800_setup.shtml

If you have any questions, dont hesitate to post back and we'll do our best to help out.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Now that is a surprise - This is presumably a Speedtouch 7G model and retail Speedtouch routers come with a setup CD which has a home install wizard to take you through the setup including wireless security.
Community Veteran

Hi Bill.

The 7G is similar to the BT Home Hub.

The 1800HG is an entirely different router.
N/A

Re: Voyager 105 to BT1800HG but no software supplied?

Do I need to first delete the Voyager?

Make sure that the Voyager connection is disabled when you're trying to connect with the router. To disable, go to Start > Network Connections > and right click on the USB modem connection to bring up the menu.

You can uninstall it altogether to avoid problems if it's set up as the default in some of your applications.
Dev
Grafter

The USB drivers for the BT1800HG can be downloaded from here.

http://www.btyahoo.com/drivers

I installed the USB drivers but I plan to switch to Ethernet as soon as I buy a PCI card.
N/A

Hi still having trouble setting this up I finally got onto the gateway2wire website and the following appearing:
Connection Error

DSL found online 1
Login successful
An internet address was verified
Domain name server found
Unable to contact the Configuration server

I keep retrying but no luck!
It would have been soo much easier to of had a installation instruction packwith the CD-ROM.

I am seriously thinking of sending this back and do away with the service as I probaly have spent a good 7+ hours trying to sort this out.

ps. the activation key was off the 2wire website under all other DSL providers.
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

You might be interested to look at my post regarding this router as it has been discontinued by BT and dumped on the market at low prices all of which have no installation discs....
chrisc
Grafter

As advised by my colleague in your other post this router was sent out in error and you should have recieved the BT Voyager 2110.

Have a look at my colleagues comments and we can get this issue resolved for you.
N/A

Yes me again!!!

Where does this leave me now :?
If a member of your team could call me that would be great so I know not to waste my time.

Cheers Sunny
chrisc
Grafter

@sdmpurewal,

The Voyager 2110 is included as part of the new account packages that we offer. The BT 1800 HG router that you received was the correct one that should have been sent.

It should be fairly straightforward to set the router up. Are you still having problems? Have you followed the setup guide all the way through?
N/A

As per my first post what setup guide?
As there was nothing sent out.

If you mean the one on this website then yes I have with the help of a computer whiz kid and he is scratching his head also.

I wonder if the router maybe faulty?