cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voyager 105: a warning

N/A

Finally back online, after forking out for a new modem. The problem was with the Voyager 105 modem, which never really worked with my iBook (see http://btsuck.org/?article=269).

When I joined I chose to take the basic Voyager 105 modem, as this has now broken should I have the £25 taken off my account? Or can I get a new one in exchange? Either way, I would be interested to see if other Apple users have had similar problems with this modem.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Voyager 105

I have also got a voyager 105 and have been off line now for 29 days, could this be the reason? Unfortunately I didn't have another one to try or any body close by I can borrow one from. I have a Mac mini OSX, would also be interested to hear from other Mac users as I have had no light shed on the matter by plusnet.
N/A

Voyager 105

I am sure that I have read somewhere that many USB modem's have trouble connecting to Mac OSX. It is generally recommended that a modem with an ethernet connection is used. As a Mac user myself I use the Netgear DG834G and have no problems with it.

With regard to the Voyager 105 then this link may also be of interest:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41674&highlight=mac+voyager
N/A

I have managed to borrow an ethernet modem and will try this. Plusnet say that they have seen the modem work on the OS X Tiger system, what they don't say is that it will work...................................watch this space.
N/A

3 Green Lights!!!!

Finally got a connection with the ethernet modem, 3 lovely green lights. It is however very slow but I believe that is because I have been off line so long. I am also experiencing problems accessing some websites but a definite improvement on the USB Voyager 105!
N/A

My friend has just had a lot of trouble with no service while the voyger 105 had a green sync light. Trying it out on my line also gave same problem. PN mailed a new modem as this one was only five months old.

I have used a Netgear DG834GT for the last year and it has been faultless - rock solid, my other two PC's link to it via wireless dongle.

Andy
N/A

Bt Modems are not compatible with tiger, I had one and it caused a kernel panic after 15 minutes every time I plugged it in. A router is the best option pn said that themselves