cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View My Usage Question

N/A

View My Usage Question

Hi I've just had a quick look at the View My Usage screen, and I have a question. Does the figure take into account upload and download or just download? Also is there any point at which on a 1mb bis line where the amount of trasfered data would become a problem?

On a related note if I was on a 1 year contract on and decide I want to upgrade to a 2mb bis line what cost would be involved, and how long would it take to upgrade (ie will I have much time offline etc..).
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: View My Usage Question

It would have been helpful if you said what your actualy bis product was as there are several different ones being offered. My answers below may change depending on what you actually have.

Hi I've just had a quick look at the View My Usage screen, and I have a question. Does the figure take into account upload and download or just download?

The usage is the total of all data that travels along your ADSL connection in both directions.

Also is there any point at which on a 1mb bis line where the amount of trasfered data would become a problem?

No. You have unlimited bandwidth. None of the existing products have changed in any way including the cost.

On a related note if I was on a 1 year contract on and decide I want to upgrade to a 2mb bis line what cost would be involved, and how long would it take to upgrade (ie will I have much time offline etc..).

The costs for the business line base products have not changed yet. See the normal product details here. The regrade price from a bisiness 1Meg line to a 2Meg line is £41.13 (£35+VAT). Downtime may be from a few minutes to a few hours and is normally changed overnight.

However, the business products are due to be revamped soon so you may want to wait a while before deciding to change.
N/A

View My Usage Question

Thanks for the information, I wasnt aware you had seperate bis 1mb lines but I guess now I do. Its good to know about the usage thing as I was a little concerned having known that I hadnt been downloading that much though my upload is almost always maxed (would go sdsl but its not available in my area).