cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow FTP Speed

N/A

Very Slow FTP Speed

Hi

We're having problems in the last few days with ftp to our web site using Dreamweaver and Actinic Catalog. The ftp speed is incredibly slow and the connection intermittent. Previously it has been uploading much better than this.

The ADSL is generally running well about 1000 downstream and 250 up on a speed test (we're a good distance from the exchange) and seems fine when browsing, etc.

Is Plusnet restricting ftp uploads in any way?

best wishes
Martin
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Very Slow FTP Speed

N/A

Very Slow FTP Speed

+net traffic shaping.

VERY COMICAL, Just had a read of the revised terms and conditions traffic shaping is essential for the perfomance of the network and that people using P2P and USENET would swamp it if they did not implement their system.

Section 14 I think read that anyone using the system for such illegal activities would have their accounts suspended.

Well suspend them for massive downloading and let us genuine users have our ftp back.

Occurs to me that if p2p accounts for 70% of your traffic then suspending them would me a 70% loss in customers so just charge them more... THE +NET WAY not actually caring about the service they provide just try to extort you into paying for PREMIER USAGE accounts when this is not always the case.