Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Funny plusnet

N/A

Very Funny plusnet

Looks like Thunderbird caught it on the RSS feed:
Service Affected:- All Services

Maintenance Window:- 1st April Midnight to Midday

Duration of expected customer impact: - Intermittently during the maintenance window.

Detailed description of work to be performed:-

In order to prepare for the forthcoming ADSL speed upgrades we need to perform some essential maintenance work on our network.

The first stage of the work will require our network engineers to drain the stale sessions on our 622Mbps central pipes that have built up over the past few months to bring them to full operating efficiency.

During the maintenance window we would advise that where possible our customers reverse the polarity of the neutron flow on their routers. As not every router supports this functionality we would advise as an alternative to unplug the router from both the power socket and the phone line and place it in a plastic bag to prevent any lost packets escaping into the atmosphere.

We will also be taking the opportunity to do our bit for the environment by moving our electricity supply at our Sheffield Headquarters to solar power.

As a backup measure for when it isn't sunny in Sheffield we have purchased 20 bicycles to generate the necessary power. The PlusNet Usergroup (http://usergroup.plus.net) have volunteered to be on standby to cycle for the first month, after that the standby will be rotated around the rest of our customers in a similar manner to jury service. We will contact you via email giving you plenty of notice of when it is your turn.

Other Notes:-

Please accept our apologies for the short notice of this maintenance work.

Kind Regards,

Dave Tomlinson
Customer Support

Edit: And the date of that was 31/03/2005 23:59, hence the "apologies for the short notice" bit at the end Smiley
6 REPLIES
chymorva
Grafter

Very Funny plusnet

Friday ? Wink
danep
Grafter

Very Funny plusnet

Hi guys,

Loved the service status email....very funny, Reverse neutron polarity of Router ....ROTFL , moving over to Solar power....yea right......hmmm, now what day is it today .....

Regards
Dane
N/A

Very Funny plusnet

Ok I've taken my router apart to reverse the polarity - now what

Wink
fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Very Funny plusnet

At the same time as carrying out the network and power supply maintenance, I have requested PlusNet to improve my download and upload speeds by re-routing my local copper wire connection from the top of my road, where the maximum speed is 40mph to the bottom of the road where the max speed is 50mph.
I will let you know the improvement......
michaelscott
Grafter

Very Funny plusnet

I didnt get this email...
csogilvie
Grafter

Very Funny plusnet

You'd need to be subscribed to Service Status updates by email to have got it - http://usertools.plus.net/status/email.php