cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ver low internet speed

N/A

Ver low internet speed

I too am getting low speed. I was moved on to up to 8 M back in september, and was ok until few days ago. Been on to customerA service and waited around 30 minutes before i was connected and all he said was to do the broad band test on line which i could not complet due to test erors. Any way , to cut a long story short, i raised a question and all the help plus net can give is to direct me to their web pages that take 30 seconds to load. i was getting sppeeds of 1800 and now i am registering as low as 104............ i am fed up they cant help!. i am surprised as to how many people are getting this speed proble.
24 REPLIES
N/A

Ver low internet speed

Likewise.
I used to get 2Mb on the nose, I now get 138K max!!! How much do they help? -Guess.
bewick
Grafter

Ver low internet speed

Me too. Yesterday morning it was 1300 on a supposed 5Mbps line (or so the router said) Yesterday p.m. it dropped to 104kbps. Now it's 96kbps. (and NOT just with the PN speed test)
Did the full fault check and was told there was huge contention at my exchange. Poppycock. It was just the same half an hour after midnight.
N/A

Ver low internet speed

I am so close to changing ISP. I can't see why BT have bought them. To add insult to injury the syetem shows that I have a defered activation payment to make which they clearly stated was not the case when I joined them.
I can see why their user forum is behind Passworded closed doors. I may try changing back to the old 2Mb service which at least did what it said on the tin.
bewick
Grafter

Ver low internet speed

really good point. Even BEFORE this latest cock-up I was thinking I too would actually be rather better off with a fixed 2Mb connection. Would be faster AND stable - but no longer on offer!!!!
IN FACT I even think I was better off with my previous 512Kbps connection!!!! At least it was 99% reliable.
bewick
Grafter

Ver low internet speed

Exactly WHY was a commonly used term (generally and in business) censored. I'd like to know!!!
bewick
Grafter

Ver low internet speed

And why exactly are my posts appearing to be an hour later than actual? Someone hasn't corrected for daylight saving!!!!
shellsong
Grafter

Ver low internet speed

IT COULD BE YOU! Tongue Have you checked that you've got GMT set in the Timezone part of your profile? We have to change it ourselves each Spring and Autumn
N/A

Ver low internet speed

I can't see why BT have bought them.

Because they are making a good profit. By shafting the customers. Sounds right up BT's street.
bewick
Grafter

Ver low internet speed

thanks shellsong - it WAS me. Something else PN failed to tell me!!!!
N/A

PLUS.NET CHANGING THERE NAME TO MINUS.NET

I HAVE BEEN WITH PLUS NET FOR YEARS NOW AND THEY HAVE DEF. GONE DOWN HILL.

Slow Internet Speeds
Rude Advisors
2 Hour Call Waiting Times

I AM ON THE VERGE OF CHANGING ISP AS WELL. PLUS.NET HA HA THEY SHOULD BE CALLED MINUS.NET
N/A

Ver low internet speed

my isp doesn't let the phone ring more than twice and i get straight to the department I need, and its not run by monkeys, i actually get a techie if i call the tech department.

2 rings -> person is FAR better than 2hours /with cut offs/ to a monkey

change ISP mateSmiley
Community Veteran

Ver low internet speed

thanks shellsong - it WAS me. Something else PN failed to tell me!!!!

They do tell you!! It's quite clear in the FAQ top left of these forums.
garter

Broadband speed

I have had variable poor speeds ever since I was upgraded to MaxDSL on Aug 23.

Even had a BT engineer visit who confirmed poor speed by using his laptop connected to the master BT socket.

That was over a week ago, still not any better.

Any comments please?

garmac
N/A

Ver low internet speed

yes i have very poor speed i pay £21.99 and i have very poor speed why Sad