cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN to home network

N/A

VPN to home network

I have 4 PC's on a home network all using a router that came with my Plusnet account. The manual says the model is a "ADSL Router (For Alcatel Chipset)" I use RealVNC which works fine on the home LAN. I will be shortly moving to a friends flat who also has a Plusnet ADSL account. How do I go about getting RealVNC to work via a VPN. All PC's are running Win 2000 there is no server and all IP address are determined by the router.

Any help is most appreciated

Cy
5 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

VPN to home network

i use radmin over my network at home. I also use it when I go to work as I have a broadband connection there and it's gd to check on things at home / get files etc...

I can access it remotely as I forwarded the applicable port using my router to the machine I want to access (you could use a different port for each different machine if you wanted). I can simply then connect to my ip address or rDNS (adsl.liam-martin.co.uk) and enter my password...
N/A

VPN to home network

I had thought of that but I wanted a secure connection. Since found that by router does not have VPN capability! Might have to do a bit of spending........ I'll try the non secure method you are using and see if I can get it working at least
LiamM
Grafter

VPN to home network

Not too unsecure as I limit my router to only port forward when a connection is attempted from a certain IP... my work IP address...
N/A

VPN to home network

ok have set my router ot port forward to the correct computer if said port is accessed. No joy though through RealVNC though. Have made sure firewall does not block my static IP
LiamM
Grafter

VPN to home network

I'm unsure as to how RealVNC works as I only use Remote Administrator. Try it, it's very good - http://www.download.com/Remote-Administrator/3000-7240-10298634.html?tag=lst-0-3