cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMBU negative readings??

N/A

VMBU negative readings??

Hi

On Saturday I had to download a very large file from MS after 4pm, about which I wasn't happy but I had to get it right then (long and very boring story).

Today I figured I should check VMBU to see how close I was to my (10GB) Option 1 limit, and found to my surprise that I'm still way behind.

I found the cause: Saturday's peak usage reads "-1096152.86KB" - I'm assuming some sort of sign error. Now this is fine (yay!) unless at some point in the next couple of weeks someone is suddenly going to go "aha, I've fixed this sign bug" and I'll be up a certain creek with the holeyest paddle you ever saw.

Of course I don't mind paying for the bandwidth I've used but right now I don't know how much I can still play with before I start being shaped like a fat bloke (me) through a thin door.

FWIW I rarely come close to the limits.

Geoff
23 REPLIES
N/A

VMBU negative readings??

Hi Geoff you might want to check one of the many VMBU threads on the Community Support Forum:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41812

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41059

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41589

I believe there is some problems.
N/A

VMBU negative readings??

Hi Geoff you might want to check one of the many VMBU threads on the Community Support Forum

Well not really; I'd like to have a conversation about this problem, rather than wading through 15 pages of other people going on about theirs in the vague hope that a) something might be relevant and b) if I post to those threads someone might notice it over the high noise levels.

But thanks for the suggestion anyway.
N/A

VMBU negative readings??

I'll post a "me too" here then Tongue
N/A

VMBU negative readings??

Well not really; I'd like to have a conversation about this problem, rather than wading through 15 pages...

Wow.

Of course if I was being paid I would be of more help. May I suggest you raise a ticket with Plusnet instead as obviously forums are not something you are accustomed to.
N/A

VMBU negative readings??

Of course if I was being paid I would be of more help. May I suggest you raise a ticket with Plusnet instead

I wasn't expecting any one person (you or anyone else) to be "of help" as you so quaintly put it, I was putting it forward as a topic of discussion in the hope that someone might have the same problem and we could discuss possible causes and resolutions.

Had I expected a question and answer session I would (as you suggest) have submitted a ticket.

as obviously forums are not something you are accustomed to.

As it happens, I've been using text forums (fora?) in one form or another since 1990, when at the tender age of 16 I posted to my first BBS. In those days we had rather more discussion and rather less moderation *, but that's the way things seem to have gone these days.

Geoff

*and people had thicker skins, too
N/A

VMBU negative readings??

Well in future I will know not to post on your threads trying to offer help. Sorry for being a pain Wink
N/A

VMBU negative readings??

Well in future I will know not to post on your threads trying to offer help.

Please, feel free to offer some help. My breath is suitably baited.

Sorry for being a pain Wink

Heh. I guess you can't help it Smiley
vic_newey
Grafter

VMBU negative readings??

Sorry for being a pain Wink

Heh. I guess you can't help it Smiley

serious grovelling now required :shock: :roll:
N/A

VMBU negative readings??

Pathetic

If people prefer to post on the many VMBU related threads instead of yours then dont get minstrel with me. My post was simply informing you that there are other such discussions on the forums, the need for another one is not really necessary.
N/A

VMBU negative readings??

Pathetic

If people prefer to post on the many VMBU related threads instead of yours then dont get minstrel with me. My post was simply informing you that there are other such discussions on the forums, the need for another one is not really necessary.

OK, if you're going to take it this seriously then I'll be serious.

Filling existing threads with issues which are marginally related is utterly pointless. Why bother having threads at all? Why not just have everything in one long thread, since they're all related in some way.

Your original post was dismissive, arrogant and ultimately unhelpful. Your response to my reply suggested that you were deeply hurt by my observation that the threads you posted were of little use to me and you then suggested that actually I had no right to hold such a discussion on these forums and should have pointed the question to tech support instead. Your next response read like a petulant child taking away his toys and my attempt to lighten the atmosphere with humour has clearly been the final straw.

If you like to believe that by posting in this way you are providing a helpful service then I'm afraid you are sadly mistaken. I'm sorry I came and tried to start a discussion on your discussion forums, I shan't be making the same mistake again.
N/A

VMBU negative readings??

I am sure if you look at some of my previous posts my friend you can clearly see that all of my first posts are all the same, and no other member on this forum found them:

dismissive, arrogant and ultimately unhelpful.

Maybe your judgement this time was just wrong and out of line.

Hi Geoff you might want to check one of the many VMBU threads on the Community Support Forum: - I believe there is some problems.

Looks like just a normal post from me, I was not having a bash as you at all. Like I said feel free to look at some of my other posts, I have never been called unhelpful before. But I did realise this earlier and is why I apologised and you simply replied.

Heh. I guess you can't help it

..I see no point in the personal attacks. Maybe I am in the wrong maybe I am not. As far as I can see I have been helping the community more over the past few days than at any other time. With the constant confusion caused by PN, I have taken the time to reply to many threads and tried to help the best I can.

Hopefully you will see this from my previous posts, maybe then you can understand "I was only trying to help". I dont have customer service training so I cant get it right all the time everytime but its better to have tried to help than to never had helped at all hehe

Anyway, I apologise again for the confusion.
N/A

VMBU negative readings??

Maybe your judgement this time was just wrong and out of line.

Maybe, in which case I apologise.

As far as I can see I have been helping the community more over the past few days than at any other time. With the constant confusion caused by PN, I have taken the time to reply to many threads and tried to help the best I can.

I don't doubt your intentions are good and I know that helping out in forums is a (mostly) thankless task. Should we put this down to a misunderstanding and draw a line?

Geoff
N/A

VMBU negative readings??

Aye, sure thing Cheesy

One of the bad things about forums is there is little to no emotion. And when there is, its brought with a smilie, forget to add one at the right time and place and your whole post can come out wrong Wink

I suppose we live and learn Smiley
Community Veteran

VMBU negative readings??

Will you two get a room if you're going to get all smoochie now?

Tongue