cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using an extension with ADSL

N/A

Using an extension with ADSL

Im seriously considering going for ADSL in the next coupble of weeks, but I have a quick question regarding the use of extension cables.

Currently I'm living with my folks, and at the moment I am using an extension cable from the maint phone pint at the end of the stairs. The cable is about 6 meters in length, but Im plannin on replacing it soon (general wear and tear).

Would I be able to use the same length of cable extension with ADSL? Is there any specific type of cable required?

Cheers

Andrew
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Using an extension with ADSL

> Im seriously considering going for ADSL in the next coupble of weeks, but I have a quick question regarding the use of extension cables.
>
> Currently I'm living with my folks, and at the moment I am using an extension cable from the maint phone pint at the end of the stairs. The cable is about 6 meters in length, but Im plannin on replacing it soon (general wear and tear).
>
> Would I be able to use the same length of cable extension with ADSL? Is there any specific type of cable required?
>
> Cheers
I use an ordinary phone extension cable with my ADSL and I've had no problems, I had to use one because the cable on my modem didn't reach the box. Wait till you get adsl mate, christ the difference is amazing I'm downloading full version games now in just over an hour.
>
> Andrew

N/A

Using one myself about the same length as your cable, if not slightly longer.

Although I don't have full ADSL yet myself (waiting for PlusNet to do the final bit, BT have done their bit), I am able to use the BT ADSL digital demo with no problems using it.

I have been told that some extensions don't work all that well with ADSL, but it is just a case of getting a new extension.
N/A

Cheers for the replies guys.

Well, I have ordered my ADSL (so much for the few weeks) and my order has been successfully passed to BT. How long will I have to wait now then? Is the 5 day limit accurate?

Cheers again

Andrew

N/A

> How long will I have to wait now then? Is the 5 day limit accurate?

Now that depends on BT. If they muck it up like they did to me then no. But I must admit when PlusNet gave them some gentle prodding from when they prodded them to when BT had done their work (still waiting for PlusNet to finalise the connection though) was five days, including the weekend.