cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usenet newsfeed

Grimbo
Grafter

Usenet newsfeed

My mate recommends Giganews... can anyone else suggest a decent newsfeed for binaries?

Cheers

Graeme.
12 REPLIES
N/A

Usenet newsfeed

Giganews = Superb Cheesy
easynews = Superb Cheesy
Astraweb = Pants Evil
Claranews = MegaPants :twisted: :twisted:

Alan
Grimbo
Grafter

Usenet newsfeed

Thanks Alan, i'll check them out.
N/A

Usenet newsfeed

news2me ,for 9 us dollars a month they offer a great survice ,letting you dl 50 gb a month ,about 1.7 gb a nite :shock: (www.news2me.com)
N/A

Usenet newsfeed

Is it important that they're all in the US (does it effect speeds?).
N/A

Usenet newsfeed

use clara.net UK based but can be expensive if you want to download alot of GB's

Darren
N/A

Usenet newsfeed

Been with Claranet for 11 months now - in the last few months have had alot of incomplete binaries - not good at all - unless they get their act together they will be remain at the bottom of my list of newsfeed providers.

Saying that, I downloaded a new set of headers from a binary group earlier today and there was alot of complete files there - this may have been a one off - will post back later tonight with some more detail...

News2me sounds good as a newsfeed - what kind of speeds are you getting on this? Will it max out a 1Mb line or not.

Cheers

Alan
N/A

Usenet newsfeed

my knowledge of clara is about a year old now, and back then they were very fast and almost complete

Darren
N/A

Usenet newsfeed

@eurotrain4

No, being a US newsfeed will have no bearing - top speed all the way!
1Mb link maxxed out all day from Giganews...

@jones12

Yes, I agree to an extent, Clara have been good for me in the past - but lately they have been very poor - lets just hope things pick up with them again soon.

Alan
N/A

Usenet newsfeed

the last money i gave to clara was 30 pounds for unlimited downloads for 1 year, but i think there pricing structure has changed a bit from then.

Darren
N/A

Usenet newsfeed

I joined Claranews on 1st January last year - £99 for 12 months unlimited downloads - and I thought I was getting a bargain - £30 - fantastic!!

If things don't improve I won't be renewing this year - if anybody else has some good prices for Usenet feeds - post 'em in here!!

Alan
N/A

Usenet newsfeed

news2me give me max speed for my 512 con all the time,and for 9 us dollars (about 6 pound)you cant complain and their customer support is great,my mates got a 1 mb con and gets max speed also,their completion rate of late has been good also,they get my vote all the time........
N/A

Usenet newsfeed

Cheers pjsavant, will give news2me a looksee.... Cheesy

Alan