cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage

N/A

Usage

Hi everyone, im not quite sure if PN have there heads screwed on, but check out this...

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/network/sustainable_usage_guide.shtml

^^ Scroll down a little and it says Option 1 Premier Users get 30GB a month

http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/broadband_premier.shtml

^^ Yet look at the Usage limit on that page for Option 1, its only 15GB

So what am i actually getting? I'm on Option 1 btw. I'd be greatful if someone could help me. Thanks, Mark
15 REPLIES
Fixes: 119

Usage

Have a look at this thread:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=42167

HTH

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

N/A

Usage

It doesn't really answer my question unless i missed something?

Usage

How I read this is that your Option 1 limit is 15GB with restrictions starting at 10GB.

After going over the 15GB limit if you then exceed 30GB your download speed will be restricted to 128Kbps until the end of the current billing cycle.

If you go over 30GB a second time then the 128Kbps limit will remain in force until you upgrade to a higher priced option.

HTH.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

N/A

Usage

Oh ok thanks. bit harsh dont u think? lol
N/A

Usage

Oh does this 15GB apply if u use it up Online Gaming and Browsing? or is it just for P2P's, Torrents?

Usage

AFAIK (please correct me if I am wrong) all internet activity counts towards your peak-time usage Sad

HTH

N/A

Usage

I hope it doesn't count mate, i love gaming... and i'd hate to be having like 100+ ping or something lol... PlusNet are good for game pings btw, i can get like 5 ping in servers in UK. Cheesy

Usage

AFAIK (please correct me if I am wrong) all internet activity counts towards your peak-time usage

Oops, sorry, what I meant to say was;

All internet activity during the peak hours count towards your Peak-Time usage.

Shockedops:

obitus
Grafter

Usage

Apologises for hyjacking your thread, but am thinking of upgrading from 2mb to 8mb on plus Broadband Premier (option 1 at 15gb) if i go over this amount would i be billed extra or does my download rate just lower and the monthly bill stays as it is?

Thanks in advance.
N/A

Usage

am thinking of upgrading from 2mb to 8mb (and from?) Plus (to?) Broadband Premier ... if i go over this amount (15 gigs) would i be billed extra or does my download rate just lower and the monthly bill stays as it is?.

Hope it edited your question right.

The answer is you would not be billed more if your downloading+uploading goes above 15 gigs, your download and upload rates would lower, and ultimately Plusnet would try to hassle you into migrating to Premier Option 2 .

just visiting

Ray
N/A

Usage

Thats correct, but remember that speed management begins at 10Gb, and then becomes more severe 12.5Gb, and finally gets totally restrictive at 15Gb.
Don't get it thinking you can sail all the way up to 15Gb before management starts.... Wink
N/A

Usage

I would just switch to Premier anyway, i had Plus.. and i couldn't stand the slow speeds.. 8MB soon though W00T!!
N/A

Usage

8Mb soon?
How soon?
Didn't you see the announcement that BT have suspended the upgrades?

Edit:
Added more:

Here is the announcement.
and
Here is the discussion on it.
Sorry.... :?
BigDaz
Grafter

Usage

If you go over 30GB a second time then the 128Kbps limit will remain in force until you upgrade to a higher priced option.

HTH.

So if you don't upgrade it'll stay at 128kbps forever?