cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage records

N/A

Usage records

I have noticed the 'View your usage' info is now more detailed, i.e. 8.00 - 4.00 etc. As a Premier account holder will I be experiencing a different type of service from that that I have been used to? Have things changed without warning? :?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Usage records

As well as the existing Sustainable Usage Policy there is now specific monitoring of P2P/Usenet/FTP traffic which is explained in How PlusNet guarantees quality broadband.

There are now 2 peak periods, one for SUP (4pm -> midnight) and one for P2P monitoring (8am -> midnight) hence the two peak time periods on VMBU.

Note: the VMBU shows all traffic in both peak time periods, not just P2P/Usenet/FTP etc so it is just a guide to traffic amounts, not an exact match to the P2P/Usenet/FTP usage figures.
N/A

Usage records

Is my connection compromised or am I right in thinking that I am still getting a 30:1 contention with my Premier 2MB account? I suppose with my 6-7GB average I am not hitting the high amounts?
Community Veteran

Usage records

The additional monitoring of P2P etc and restrictions imposed above 20GB is to limit the impact the heavy downloaders have on the network as a whole to ensure you are getting the PlusNet 30:1 contention.
N/A

Usage records

Thanks for the links, very useful and have my clarification now. In the two years I have ben with PlusNet I think I have only known one downtime period and the service, I think, is brilliant, reliable and efficient. Can't get my head around what you have to do to download up to 50 -100 GB / month?!? And I thought I was a heavy user, pretty light in comparison! Shockedops:
N/A

Usage records

Thanks for the links, very useful and have my clarification now. In the two years I have ben with PlusNet I think I have only known one downtime period and the service, I think, is brilliant, reliable and efficient. Can't get my head around what you have to do to download up to 50 -100 GB / month?!? And I thought I was a heavy user, pretty light in comparison! Shockedops:

very easily done: movies, videos, mp3 and apps!!