cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage limit on Broadband plus & it's not free modem &

petsyb
Grafter

Now I connected to Broadband plus £14.99 amonth and was led to believe there where no download restrictions or limit , is this true as on my usage display it goes up to 3gb a little worrying

if it is more than 3gb and this is only for display purposes then where does the fair usage come in to effect how many GB before i get clamped ?

Oh and I didn’t realise the free modem was that you had to pay for it on cancellation, as with the connection cost that you have to pay on disconnection obviously missed that in the small print

Petsyb
3 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

If you look at the VMU page, it says
The figure displayed at the higher end of the scale is an indication of how much data transfer you have used. If you use more data transfer this figure will automatically increase.
So as you use more, the scale increases. It would clearly be no use having the same scale for a 100GB user and a 2GB user, so the VMU tool allows for this.

The FUP does not apply to BB+ as Plusnet shape the traffic to try and make sure you don't use too much.

On the modem issue, whenever anything is marketed as "free", you must examine the terms and conditions. Very few people give anything away for free without strings.
petsyb
Grafter

Thanks for the reply gpattison

Yep should no by now you get nothing for free lol Smiley

though it's still a good fast package

all the best

petsyb
Community Veteran

my last isp pipex gave me a FREE modem no charge at the end of the term. I signed my parents up for plusnet bb plus believing the FREE modem hype a few months later the text on the sign up pages changed to indicate it wasn't free after all. I raised a ticket on the other accountr and was told the modem was at extra cost. a con if you ask me.

FREE should mean FREE not delayed.

A