cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading files to webspace

N/A

Hi all,

I am trying to use my own account (clarkclan) to upload changes to another account's webspace.
I've now tried 4 FTP programs (including CuteFTP and WS_FTP) and each one of them seems to stall when uploading files. They don't come back with any clear message about why they cannot upload and either just hang or, in the case of WS_FTP, stop with "program not responding".
I can download the files not problem - it's just uploading new and modified files that gives me grief.

I feel sure I've uploaded files to the other account's webspace before last year with the same setup. I have Windows XP with firewall turned on and a Netgear DG814 router - maybe the clue is in here as has been suggested by the PlusNet staff.

I'd apprecaite it if anyone could give me any pointers as to what could stop me from uploading.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Just to add...

I've just done ftp://ftp.plus.net ij IE and connected to the other accounts webspace, navigated to the folder to which i want to upload a file but when I try and paste the file IE opens a box saying "Copying..." and that's all it does.

I'm only uploading a small index.html file.
N/A

I've just came onto the forums looking for help with a very familiar problem. My problem is that no matter what ftp program I try they all seem to fail to upload certain files. The problem only seems to be with certain files. The ftp error message is 530 - it is something to do with the number of connections I have with the server?

At first I thought it was a problem with the files, but I've gone through them and taken out any unusual looking whitespace at the end of them and it doesn't make any difference.

I've come to the conclusion that there is either a problem with plus.net or how I've setup my connection.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Tom.
N/A

Similar, I meant similar problem.
N/A

Think I've found the solution. use ftp2.plus.net instead. Looks like plus.net have been having issues with their servers. Read this for more info...

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34665&highlight=ftp+530

Regards,
Tom.