cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Speeds

N/A

Upload Speeds

Hello first post , Im writing to here to get some opinons and ideas and maybe some help , My main question is regarding the upload speeds currently every package only allows 448Kbps upload which isnt very sufficent , If my buddy in sweden can have 100mbits up/down, why cant I have it in this country?
Are how long before we can have better upload speeds?
any reponse to this would be much appreciated
4 REPLIES
N/A

Upload Speeds

Scandanavia, South Korea and Japan all have excellent (mostly fibre-optic based) infrastructure to distribute broadband.

In the UK we are still restricted to pushing ADSL down copper lines, largely due to the size of the infrastructure and the huge cost involved in upgrading it to the required standards.

Absolutely every ISP that uses BT infrastructure has the same upload speed restrictions for ADSL customers. The only way to get around this is to pay for SDSL (and it's probably cheaper just to move to Scandanavia than do that) or switch to Virgin Media XL if you're in a cabled area when you'll apparently get 768Kbs.
hitachi
Grafter

Upload Speeds

You can change your upload to 832k now by changing to the right business product.
N/A

Upload Speeds

You can change your upload to 832k now by changing to the right business product.
Hi this is my family pc do you know how much it costs for that product you are talking about £215 a month! , If I had a money tree growing out the back I may consider it but at the minute theres no way I would consider it. I understand now its not PlusNets fault its to do with BT
N/A

Upload Speeds

Scandanavia, South Korea and Japan all have excellent (mostly fibre-optic based) infrastructure to distribute broadband.

In the UK we are still restricted to pushing ADSL down copper lines, largely due to the size of the infrastructure and the huge cost involved in upgrading it to the required standards.

Absolutely every ISP that uses BT infrastructure has the same upload speed restrictions for ADSL customers. The only way to get around this is to pay for SDSL (and it's probably cheaper just to move to Scandanavia than do that) or switch to Virgin Media XL if you're in a cabled area when you'll apparently get 768Kbs.
Thanks so much for your reply It was most helpful hehe i agree it would be cheaper to move to sweden anyways thanks alot for your help